• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'd like to issue a friendly challenge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
To run at that level you have to have your fundamentals down pat to do it safely.

Every firearms school that I know of requires that you have at least a basic & intermediate class under your belt before shooting a class like that.

Not referring to you when I say this but too many people (and some Instructors) want to run too fast, too early w/o putting in the time to firmly ingrain the proper safety & handling skills.

I get guys from time to time that literally want to come out to my range & play fr**king xbox "live" with real guns by setting up "combat courses" & "zombie targets". They don't even know the 4 basic safety rules, if their guns trigger has a reset, when their state allows deadly force, or even how to properly draw from a strongside holster... but they want to run a course like a pro who has hundreds if not thousands of hours on the range practicing the simplest of drills so that he can be proficient all the time & under all conditions.

If you seriously want to do a course like that, if you haven't already, take a couple of good Basic ones first, followed by a couple Intermediate ones, & work your way up to it safely.

People & Instructors who try to go or who get their students to go to "high-speed" too fast will get somebody shot if not killed.

Oh no lol I'm not in any condition (physically or skillfully) to try something like that right now..it does sound fun and I'd like to run the ole girl real hard one of these days but for now I've gotta stick to the basics:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom