• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Idiot Amazon delivering on Sunday at 8pm in an unmarked van!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same thing happened to me. I hear my doorbell ring at 8:30. As I am walking towards the door I see a silhouette walking away towards a white van. I opened the door and got my package.

If they are disadvantaged, it is your duty to provide for them as penance for the life's bounty you have accumuated due to your white privilege. :)

AMAZON never sent an email and this lady never identified herself as being from AMAZON. I did not know who she was or what her intentions were or if there was anyone else with her.

Where I live there have been cars broken into, items stolen out of peoples yards and stolen cars recovered. People who live in the low income housing area just though the woods come walking through and have been seen in my neighbors yards peeking to see what they can steal. I even had a lady we don't know come down our 200' driveway and pull through our open gate and park behind the fence so you could not see her from the street. My wife and kids were home and long story short she was there to steal from me and was caught the next day pulling into a woman's garage to do the same thing. Had a guy walk up at 8pm in the dark pretending to be from ADT Security. After he left I called ADT and they said it was a scam and told me to call the local police. Bad people out there doing bad things to nice people all the time. If you come on my property day or night and I don't know you, I am not expecting a delivery, you don't identify who you are, you are not in a uniform of some kind or driving a marked truck, you don't have an ID showing or none of my family is expecting you then you should assume I am armed when I come out my gate putting about 100' of distance between you and me instead of 2' at my front door. Until I find out what you want I prefer to be cautious and keep my family safe, the rest of the world can do what they want and answer that knock at 10pm to assume it's AMAZON. Sure hope thugs and thieves never figure out they can pretend to be a contract delivery driver and ring the doorbell to get the homeowner to open it. Best wishes to you and yours this holiday season!

Nice to see so many trusting souls on here that would answer a knock at the door or doorbell by someone you don't know and are not expecting. I am sure thugs and thieves will rejoice at your willingness to open the door and let them in. I am also sure thugs and thieves never drive unmarked vehicles and never ring a doorbell at night or pretend to be someone else to get you to open the door. Best wishes to all.
Hey, I don’t know if you’ve heard, but they make these clear things called windows? Much easier to get a visual reference without giving up any advantage you have.
Also you might consider cameras, and peep holes. I know, I know sounds like Buck Rogers stuff. But hey it’s the nineteenth century now. Take advantages of the technologies. LOL. j/k

Hey, I don’t know if you’ve heard, but they make these clear things called windows? Much easier to get a visual reference without giving up any advantage you have.
Also you might consider cameras, and peep holes. I know, I know sounds like Buck Rogers stuff. But hey it’s the nineteenth century now. Take advantages of the technologies. LOL. j/k
Windows?

Ain't that some highfalutin Yankee gadget that only rich folks can afford?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom