• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Idiot Amazon delivering on Sunday at 8pm in an unmarked van!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duo pretended to be delivery people, tied up woman in home invasion, cops say. Dressed as UPS driver.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/d...n-in-home-invasion-cops-say_20151106184044211

Never happens!

Look, you wanted to be an internet operator and we poked fun. Now that your jimmies are rustled, instead of taking it in stride you want to double down on said position by trying to show justification for your wrongful actions. The article is a poor example. You knew you had a package coming, or should have. Not only that, you didn’t have to sign or even answer the door. Instead, you left an area of concealment and gave up all advantages within to approach an unknown like a bareback cowboy riding on his rainbow shooting unicorn. Sure, things like that DO happen but actions dictate outcomes and in your case it was a poor choice IF it actually happened the way described.

What happens if there were more than one armed assailant, they had split up and you were pinned, or they did a smash and grab were in your home, possibly with loved ones, while you were attempting to come around from behind. Just a few scenarios to account for before putting yourself in the position you described.

Look, you wanted to be an internet operator and we poked fun. Now that your jimmies are rustled, instead of taking it in stride you want to double down on said position by trying to show justification for your wrongful actions. The article is a poor example. You knew you had a package coming, or should have. Not only that, you didn’t have to sign or even answer the door. Instead, you left an area of concealment and gave up all advantages within to approach an unknown like a bareback cowboy riding on his rainbow shooting unicorn. Sure, things like that DO happen but actions dictate outcomes and in your case it was a poor choice IF it actually happened the way described.

What happens if there were more than one armed assailant, they had split up and you were pinned, or they did a smash and grab were in your home, possibly with loved ones, while you were attempting to come around from behind. Just a few scenarios to account for before putting yourself in the position you described.

What would he have done had they been thugs and thrown Molotovs through his windows?

Cowering behind a flimsy door may work for some folks, but others may have their own ideas on how to protect themselves and their family.

"Get Off My Lawn"!

What would he have done had they been thugs and thrown Molotovs through his windows?

Cowering behind a flimsy door may work for some folks, but others may have their own ideas on how to protect themselves and their family.

"Get Off My Lawn"!

If they haven't got RPG's why would you even get off the couch ?

"Get Off My Lawn"!

Hell, what would have happened if they were driving a tank. Maybe they were flying an Apache attack helicopter! I’m dealing with known values he gave, not some ridiculous idea put forth from village.

I just open the door wide and beat my mighty chest, felons flee in dismay and Robin kicks them in the groin on the way past. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom