• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If it's brown it's down, then we'll figure out what it is.

I don't know that I would send my offspring out with a picture book showing him what a kudu, antelope and axis deer lool like so he doesn't shoot one in the ga woods, but I don't know that I would call dnr either if he did.

Would you at least show him what a white tail deer looked like?:shocked:

I heard something in the bushes, so I shot in there a couple of times, then went to check it out. :shocked:
This happens a lot, they just don't brag about it nowadays like they use to back in the 70s.:tape2:

There was a city fellow that came in our store back in the 70s, going on about this huge deer he had seen a couple of miles down the road.
Someone went to verify and he was referring to an old black man's cow with a wooden yoke around it's neck to keep it from going through the raggedy fences.

I guess it's a good thing he wasn't hunting deer.

It's actually been on the books for several years.

It's nationwide, it's the result of a treaty with Mexico.

U.S. wanted Mexico to protect wintering ducks. Mexico needed something from the U.S. to make it look like it wasn't getting pushed around by the U.S on behalf of rich duck hunting gringos. Arguably, crows are migratory, so before you could say "no habla inglés" we had a treaty protecting crows. It's sort of like dove season, the states have a broad window to set their own season.

If you read the entire regulation which is somewhere, you can shoot crows that are involved in crop predation any time, and beings as they are always involved in crop predation, the season isn't much of a handicap.

But yes, I suspect a very high percentage of hunters in GA have no idea there is a crow season.

Except it's illegal to use an electronic call until after Nov. 4th. -Feb. 29.

Yes there is a crow season, and yes it is currently in right now. My CZ455 stays out in my office, on a bipod, during the season instead of in the safe.

They killed several red elk that escaped a compound down in Meriwether. Since they were invasive species (the loose ones), shoot on sight was fine. Turns out the whitetail bucks jumped the double fences and killed lot of the elk bucks during rut. BTW, the red elk were being raised for the velvet on their racks for a drug company is what we were told.

Yes there is a crow season, and yes it is currently in right now. My CZ455 stays out in my office, on a bipod, during the season instead of in the safe.
I didn't think it was until spring. CZ 452 coming out of the safe this weekend.

They killed several red elk that escaped a compound down in Meriwether. Since they were invasive species (the loose ones), shoot on sight was fine. Turns out the whitetail bucks jumped the double fences and killed lot of the elk bucks during rut. BTW, the red elk were being raised for the velvet on their racks for a drug company is what we were told.

Whitetails killed Elk ? I wouldn't have expected that.

Back
Top Bottom