• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

if only 1? (xds 45 or shield 9). which and why?

If I had to choose I would go with the XDs 9 and get some talon grips. The grips make all the difference. I just hate safeties on cc pistols. Im too worried it would be on at the wrong moment. Just my opinion.

I know three people that bought and then immediately sold an xds 45. My favorite reason came from a friend of my brothers who used to be in blackwater. His reason why? "Shooting it sucked, like high fiving an angry hammer"

A perfect example of why everyone should try shooting different guns before they buy one. I am 77 years old with little skinny wrists; and I don't find the recoil of my XDS .45 to be at all aggressive. In my mind, the XDS .45 is the perfect carry weapon....combines excellent concealment characteristics with proven stopping power.

A perfect example of why everyone should try shooting different guns before they buy one. I am 77 years old with little skinny wrists; and I don't find the recoil of my XDS .45 to be at all aggressive. In my mind, the XDS .45 is the perfect carry weapon....combines excellent concealment characteristics with proven stopping power.

Well said...

Awesome Question and I asked it myself many times. Fortunately, I had the pleasure of shooting both. I went with the shield, 9mm because I found the XDS 45 to be a bit to snappy for the lightweight frame and size and I have rather larger hands. I found the shield to be very reliable and accurate because of the fact that it had less recoil and I could reacquire the target a bit faster. The XDS did have a slightly better trigger IMO. With all that said. I have since fired the SIG P938 and find it to be a superb Carry pistol. I now have put my shield in the safe for a much deserved rest while I carry the P938. Of course this is just my humble opinion and you will have to untlimatly decide for yourself which best suits your needs and comfort.

My brother came up last weekend he has an XD and we did some target shooting. He outshot himself with my shield. The look on his face was priceless

I prefer the XDS. The grip is a cheese grater, I'll admit that but spend $19 on a rubber Talon Grip and it makes it a completely different gun. The PRP spring kit was also a very nice $20 investment.

I've only shot a Shield once and it wanted to jump out of my hand more than the XDS for some reason. I just didn't like it.

Back
Top Bottom