• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

if only 1? (xds 45 or shield 9). which and why?

I have the xds 45 love it with pinky extension never had the shield but also have a 9 in xds just prefer the 45 over 9 for the punch

I prefer the XDS. The grip is a cheese grater, I'll admit that but spend $19 on a rubber Talon Grip and it makes it a completely different gun. The PRP spring kit was also a very nice $20 investment.

I've only shot a Shield once and it wanted to jump out of my hand more than the XDS for some reason. I just didn't like it.

I just got the XDS .45. What did the PRP spring kit do for yours?

I will add one thing though that may save you some coin if you go the XDS route. I had 4 extended 7 round mags for mine. All 4 of them would send the 2nd or 3rd round vertically causing it not to feed properly and jam. Without fail, every single time. I tried multiple brands of ammo and even sent my gun and mags off to Springfield. They replaced all 4 mags and when I got it back, same exact thing would happen. Never a single issue with the 5 round mags though, not once, but those extended mags are junk, IMO.

I looked at both of those guns and I was set on a Shield 9mm but I ended up getting a Berretta Nano 9mm instead. I liked the XDS 45 but I like to shoot and I figured I already owned one 9mm so instead of having to buy two different calibers of ammo I went with the Nano 9mm. Also the 9mm ammo is cheaper. I use the Nano as my EDC and it is a great gun to shoot and carries very well.

This whole 45 vs 9 thing will never end will it? You are not in a combat zone. Unless you are carrying FMJs then a 9 is just as adequate if not more so than 45 depending on your criteria.

I have shot both and without a doubt the shield is better imo. People complaining about the safety.....dont have to use it for goodness sake.

Shield Shield and Shield in that order in comparing both of these guns. Even if offered the chance I will never shoot another XDs regardless of caliber.

Back
Top Bottom