• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If the only thing you accept besides cash is PayPal, why?

Why?

• Because people wanted it long ago so I did it. Honestly I hate all this ****.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • I'd rather do things through a stupid venue as opposed to an easy one.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Elon Musk is so cool and I want to be a part of anything he ruins; I mean touches.

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
I'm fairly confident that most normal men, and even women understand....however what is being "sold" here is that the card companies pack the charge....anyone with a brain cell understands that the credit cad companies charge a "fee" my wife had a retail store for many years....she processed card payments daily...what is being "sold" here is that the card company back charges the fee to the consumer, when actually the seller simply states a cash discount, then adds the fee to the charge...so, the processing company/bank is not doing anything else that processing the charge, which the merchant has added the 2.5% fee, or what ever it may be to the charge....It's not rocket science....so, you buy the gun for $500....the seller has already stated that the price is a "cash" price, you agree to allow the merchant to add the fee to the charge, which increases the actual charge to $500 plus the fee...so the charge comes in at the increased amount nothing done by the processer, all done by the merchant....
Right, another person who has never met me calling me a liar. The processor I use now, who is a member here has the option of doing exactly as I have stated. If I put in a charge of $500 it adds 3% and your card is charged $515. When it processes, $500 is deposited to my account. My invoice shows $500 total and that is what I receive. The credit card receipt that prints out of my terminal and is given to the cusomer shows the added fees and a total of $515. There is nothing being "sold" here. I am simply stating facts. Not all card processors work the same way.

Not all card processors work the same way.
Being a bit of an closet amateur sociologist, this highlights something that I've noticed seems to be amplified post plandemic. As a species we have always migrated towards group-think and echo chambers. There's comfort in the absence of the opposition and anxiety is low...people are happy.

But then we encounter other people in other ponds and they do things differently than we do. It used to be that we would engage. We would question their choices and traditions. Some we might mock, some we might adopt. But we would engage.

Now it just seems like we refuse to do even that. Some of us (not this cat) have spent the last three years holed up in our virtual echo chamber and now that we've come back out into the land of the living, we refuse to even discuss.

"Thing does this other thing."

"Hell no it don't. Liar. I have a thing that does this here other different thing!"

"I'm a liar? You're a liar! Because I have this thing and this is my thing and it does this one here other thing!"

"Lissen here Jobama Bide-laden, I have the only thing I've ever known and it only does this one here other different thing!"

I makes me think the end is near....anyhow. Carry on with your one precious lives, all. rOmi out for the evening. :ranger:

What kills me is I got involved in this thread to try and explain how a process works and somehow a few people seem to think I have something to gain by telling them stories. My prices are my prices. I have said nothing about any cash discount. My prices are my prices unless you want to put it on a credit card, then there is a 3% fee added by the card processor. It is that simple. If you don't like that bring cash, write a check, Zelle me the money or shop elsewhere. Is that simple enough? I honestly prefer not to use credit. It is there as a convenience to the customer. I am not in business here to cheat anyone or lie to anyone. What point would that serve. If you look at my feedback, most of those are repeat customers. You don't have repeat customers by lying to people and cheating them.

There are absolutely processing providers that do exactly just that, they charge the individual customers so you don't have to keep up with it. And there are absolutely tons of small businesses using that type of system now. I'm currently swapping to that type of system in the new shop.

You do know not every processing provider does things the same way yours did right?
well....I guess I just don't have to know, or care....as I seldom use a credit card anyway, and I suppose that some place other than Wells Fargo may do things just as you say...I fortunately, will never know

signing off this sh-- hook of a thread

well....I guess I just don't have to know, or care....as I seldom use a credit card anyway, and I suppose that some place other than Wells Fargo may do things just as you say...I fortunately, will never know

most retailers not charging a service fee bakes the fee into their price. SO...IF a business charges the service fee OR gives a cash discount...I use cash. IF NOT...I use my card and get the points.

That's a weird way of apologizing to CTS

It has absolutely nothing to do with Wells Fargo. It has to do with what ever processor the retailer uses. Wells Fargo is just the bank that you owe the money too when it is all said and done. I don't know why that is so hard to understand.

Back
Top Bottom