• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

"I'll take it." Actually, no... you won't.

Maybe its because you are black? I know that happened to Varian a few months back
I didn't say it happened to me. I mean what if someone posts "I'll take it" in say MY ad... and I just don't want to sell it to them because... maybe their a complete nozzle on the boards, or something equally superficial? My point was, it's the seller's prerogative to ignore people and they may have zero clue why.

"I'll take it" - "Dibs" - "sold" don't mean anything until details are worked out and agreed to. An "I'll take it" cannot be binding on the seller because it sure ain't binding on the buyer.

I had a guy post that he had 'dibs' on a 1st Gen Glock mag I had for sale on glock talk.

He then posted under the dibs that the mag was sold to him and no longer available.

I told him he had no place posting that in my thread since he had no clue if it was still available.

He got butthurt big-time when he didn't get it . :0)

I'll take it with strings attached would probably be more fitting.

The only time l say I'll take it is when I'm willing to drop whatever I'm doing to meet when the op can.

I will rat on myself here. Fortunately l said something early on (before somebody was on the way to meet). I tend to try to meet after work, one time l forgot my money and one time l forgot my trade item. I was embarrassed and completely expected a neg both times (which l earned fair and square). But l did say something first thing in the morning long before meet times and made good on them the following day. Both times l got to meet some great traders and as usual stay and talk for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom