• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Illegal to carry without a holster?

Some sales guy at a LGS in Columbus put me on blast in front of everyone in the store.... I ran out to the car and grabbed a pistol to compare slide width and when I got finished, I just tucked it in my pants....

He basically yelled across the room that I was carrying illegally and needless to say, because of that idiot, I won't spend my funds there....

I saw a drunk guy in Kroger one night a while back with a Taurus 92 stuck in his waist band. Didn't think about the legal part of it but it seemed irresponsible and obnoxious at the time. I mean a Kel Tec in your pocket is a different deal than a full size pistol that might hit the floor at any moment.

I have never once had a gun fall out of my pants w/o a holster, LOL! I have carried a commander size 1911 for 10yrs + w/o any issues...

I guess at one point they did.

I feel like a lot of the gun laws here are gray, I'm use to Florida where it's all pretty black and white...

I recently moved up here from FL where I've been carrying since 1987. FL's gun laws are just as gray as any other state's laws. Remember the crap with "printing" or if your shirt blew in the wind and ever so slightly exposed your piece? Or the recent "warning shot" law that doesn't allow warning shots?

I recently moved up here from FL where I've been carrying since 1987. FL's gun laws are just as gray as any other state's laws. Remember the crap with "printing" or if your shirt blew in the wind and ever so slightly exposed your piece? Or the recent "warning shot" law that doesn't allow warning shots?

maybe i just knew the laws better there... I'm going to pick up that Ga weapons laws book and read it 2-3 times! Where are you from in Florida?

Back
Top Bottom