• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'M BACK! Vacation Plans?

Go do a rim to rim hike at the Grand Canyon.
I'd say Alaska but the time and money budget might be pushing it. You could probably hang out and kayak fish along the Kenai. Supposed to be amazing. That will be my next trip there, one day...
I've never been to Yellowstone or Yosemite. That would be tempting but I have to believe better with someone along.
I'm hitting Yellowstone in June. Flying into Billings... driving up the bear tooth pass and staying in Cooke City. If the snow Ismail gone, we're taking an ATV ride into the backcountry. Finishing it off fly fishing a couple days on the Big Horn.

There is a lot of good detailed information about fishing Amelia Island on line. This place sounds like it might have some really good fishing if you know what you're doing. I'm doing my homework!

Well, it's close. I'm leaving Tuesday morning and I'm really pumped about it. I know a little adventure like this is normal for a lot of you folks, but I have not felt comfortable leaving my business in the hands of others until recently and 11 years is a damn long time with nothing more than a day or two at a time off from work. I'm tired! LOL!

I'm hoping to have a few pics for the fish thread.

Amelia has some of the best shark fishing in the south , take a heavy rod and some steel leader and hang on
Go to home depot and get one of those cloth nail pouches you tie around your waist. Fill it with fresh cut bait. Just wade out in the surf and wait on one to bite

Amelia island can be so so easy to fish. Drop a line off the beach with your zebco, sinker weight, and some shrimp. Done. Enjoy . Lol.
Have you ever been to the "little jetties"? All I can find out about them is they are on the southern tip and about 1.25 miles from the nearest parking unless you are driving a 4x4, but the fishing is supposed to be great. Especially for trout at dawn on top water.

You will LOVE Amelia Island. I went a couple years back to do some deep sea fishing. Had a blast. Caught tons of flounder and one so big the captain was wanting so bad to keep it because in two days they were having a tournament and that was one of the biggest flounder he has ever seen. Caught a shark which was neat. Had some good places to eat. It was real laid back there. I would definitely go back.

Back
Top Bottom