• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

**I'M DONE WITH IT**And the odyssey continues. Christensen 338LM.

Man I like the folks at Redhawk. Just talked to John and he said they would be happy to work on the Christensen. Get this, all of the other things he quoted me plus rebarreling with a match grade fluted barrel for around $1100. Total!

He also said that when they do this it becomes their product and if they can't get 0.5 MOA with factory ammo they will work up a load that does get it. I even told him I prefer the 300 grain Berger OTM and he said that was their favorite bullet for the 338LP and it would be the one they use for testing and load development if needed.

This is awesome to hear! I've been following both threads and glad it finally turned out right. Well, will turn out right.

Don't get me wrong guys, I'm still pissed. I was supposed to be getting an accurate 338LM for $1800. That has now turned into $2900 at the very least unless I get a refund from Christensen and it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

I'll be joining as many gun forums as I can find just so I can blast them.

Don't get me wrong guys, I'm still pissed. I was supposed to be getting an accurate 338LM for $1800. That has now turned into $2900 at the very least unless I get a refund from Christensen and it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

I'll be joining as many gun forums as I can find just so I can blast them.

I'd imagine you can recoup a little bit of your cash by selling the Christensen barrel, and has been suggested, many will just assume you didn't know what you were doing and got pissed off instead of the barrel being bad.

But let them deal with that.

Man I like the folks at Redhawk. Just talked to John and he said they would be happy to work on the Christensen. Get this, all of the other things he quoted me plus rebarreling with a match grade fluted barrel for around $1100. Total!

He also said that when they do this it becomes their product and if they can't get 0.5 MOA with factory ammo they will work up a load that does get it. I even told him I prefer the 300 grain Berger OTM and he said that was their favorite bullet for the 338LP and it would be the one they use for testing and load development if needed.

He also said that they know the load data even on the factory stuff they use, so either way I'll know what the specific load is so I can reproduce it myself.
At what point is it good money after bad?
$3k? Screw that. Make them make it right or sell it with full disclosure and get a fresh start with something with no known issues.

At what point is it good money after bad?
$3k? Screw that. Make them make it right or sell it with full disclosure and get a fresh start with something with no known issues.
Well, the only rifles out there in this original price range are the Remington and Savages. Neither of which come with a accuracy guarantee. With that said, I would happily do exactly that, except for the fact that CA is no longer communicating with me. They haven't returned my calls or responded to emails. Once I made the offer to bring the rifle to them they have not been in contact. Funny how that works.

I'm not done with CA yet, but if they won't do anything about it my choices are send the rifle to Redhawk, folks I trust to do it right, or have a $1800 boat anchor sitting in the cabinet. Even if I sell it with full discloser I doubt I could get more than a grand for it. Then I would spend 2 grand to get another rifle with no accuracy guarantee and I will be right at the $2800 mark anyway. Simply put, unless CA comes through, I'm screwed.

Well, the only rifles out there in this original price range are the Remington and Savages. Neither of which come with a accuracy guarantee. With that said, I would happily do exactly that, except for the fact that CA is no longer communicating with me. They haven't returned my calls or responded to emails. Once I made the offer to bring the rifle to them they have not been in contact. Funny how that works.

I'm not done with CA yet, but if they won't do anything about it my choices are send the rifle to Redhawk, folks I trust to do it right, or have a $1800 boat anchor sitting in the cabinet. Even if I sell it with full discloser I doubt I could get more than a grand for it. Then I would spend 2 grand to get another rifle with no accuracy guarantee and I will be right at the $2800 mark anyway. Simply put, unless CA comes through, I'm screwed.
I'd find out about a civil suit. Their lack of effort at resolving the issue especially with your perfectly reasonable offer shows they know they are in the wrong. Like I said, I'll spend $2 to prove a $1 point. This pizzes me off to no end and it's obviously not even my rifle. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom