• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

**I'M DONE WITH IT**And the odyssey continues. Christensen 338LM.

Well, I spoke to Christensen and sent them the pics. They are confident that the rifle did not take enough of a hit to make it unsafe to shoot, so they are sending me a replacement muzzle brake and I'm going to shoot it for accuracy. If any problems show up along the way, they have assured me they will take care of them. From the way they have handled things so far, I absolutely believe them.

New barrel brake in will begin tomorrow after I have made sure the brake is still properly aligned with the barrel.

GoNoGO, thanks for the info. Like I suspected, that's a Custom Shop piece. All 40-X's come out of the Custom Shop.

did you ever get to the range ?
No. I had plans to go today, but ended up not having the time. I'll probably go after the new muzzle brake gets here. I'm going to make some high quality ammo for the break in to check basic accuracy at the same time. Christensen is getting sub MOA groups out of it without break in. If it gives me the accuracy I'm looking for, I'm going to go ahead and have it Cerakoted before I get serious about working up a load.

Forget that radial brake booshwabidy and put an APA fat b*stard on it. I debate buying a 338 for my DT but I don't have anywhere to shoot that needs that much gun. The 6.5 I will have AO spin up will suffice for my needs.

Im not one to believe in karma or bad luck but you should visit a witch doctor or something. Bad juju on that poor rifle.

Forget that radial brake booshwabidy and put an APA fat b*stard on it. I debate buying a 338 for my DT but I don't have anywhere to shoot that needs that much gun. The 6.5 I will have AO spin up will suffice for my needs.

Im not one to believe in karma or bad luck but you should visit a witch doctor or something. Bad juju on that poor rifle.

Agreed the "THE FAT B------D" is a dream to shoot with recoil of about only a 270, makes it a dream to shoot 338 LM...

Yeah, the radial brake isn't optimal for prone, but it works very well. Once I know I have a rifle that will give me tight groups I can start tweeking it a bit, but proven accuracy comes first.

Back
Top Bottom