• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'm ready to throw lee pro 1000 in the yard

i got my first dillon 550 in mid 80's and a used second one in the 2000. sometime they can be a pain in the butt too. when they get out of wack i have to teard them down, clean them, lub them, and/or replace parts to make them run again. sometimes i have to call dillon to ask for advice and free parts. call lee to see if they can help. look up the problems on the net to see if there is a fix. i got several aftermarket part fixs for my dillon's that make them run better. there got the be something like that for the lee. at one time lee will send you free parts. last year i got some free parts from them for some reloading dies that went bad.

I hate to admit but once I swapped to CCI things have certainly improved. I hate to admit because LEE suggest CCI primers on all websites and printed material that they produce. I think I am going to get the hang of it.

I hate to admit but once I swapped to CCI things have certainly improved. I hate to admit because LEE suggest CCI primers on all websites and printed material that they produce. I think I am going to get the hang of it.

Hope you get things ironed out CamsD!
The weird thing is all primers "should" be the same spec.
i am sure the diameter must be fairly consistent or we would experience loose primers...
Perhaps the height is different?

I always use CCI anyway because I want my recipes to have the smallest variations possible.

Good Luck.

I have a Lee Loadmaster, the primer component of mine never worked well, and I abandoned that part. I hand prime every shell, and so far I haven't had any issues. I know it takes longer to load them, but in the end, it's worth the extra time.
As for de-priming, the Loadmaster drops the primers into the ram, and the "door" to clean them out has gotten progressively worse. I now use a de-priming die in position #3 and hot-glued a shell feed tube into the ram head at that position, letting the primers drop into a collection bin under my press... I de-prime all my shells since I wet-tumble them and want the priming hole as clean as possible... again, well worth the time and effort.

The Pro 100 will work but you have to be very observant of every step. It requires some finesse to get it to run correctly and keep running. Keep tapping the primer tray to keep them flowing down the chute. Make sure your case feeder stays tight. And blow some air in there to keep the shell plate clean. I've loaded a ton of .45 on mine and once you learn it's bad habits you can work with them. I did use some Wolf primers and admit that the press likes CCI better.

Back
Top Bottom