• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In market for a new 4x4 Pickup - what brand?

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
310   0
Reaction score
I am a diehard Chevy guy, but want a pickup for the rest of my life. Don't need a monstrous bed and will not be towing a trailer or camper. Has to be 4 wheel drive though.

So here are my thoughts of what I think I may want, and would like your opinions based on experience of each model and what size motor works best ( more so for reliability):

Toyota Tacoma
Toyota Tundra
GMC Sierra 1500
Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Ford F150

Maybe RAM

Been out of the new car game for a long while because I have always bought used. But the prices on used pickups are very close to new pickups nowadays and some mfrs are offering 0%.

I am a diehard Chevy guy, but want a pickup for the rest of my life. Don't need a monstrous bed and will not be towing a trailer or camper. Has to be 4 wheel drive though.

So here are my thoughts of what I think I may want, and would like your opinions based on experience of each model and what size motor works best ( more so for reliability):

Toyota Tacoma
Toyota Tundra
GMC Sierra
Chevrolet Silverado
Ford F150

Maybe RAM

Been out of the new car game for a long while because I have always bought used. But the prices on used pickups are very close to new pickups nowadays and some mfrs are offering 0%.
I’ve been completely satisfied with my 2020 f150 FX4 4 door. I only haul my 4 wheeler hooked to a 5x10 trailer. It has the 5.0 motor and 10 speed transmission. It’s the XLT package. I put a hard tri-fold tonneau cover on it and it keep luggage dry. We just traveled round trip to Apalachicola Fl and got 19.2 mpg. If I didn’t care about mileage or 4wd I would have given a serious look at a Ram a man had on here a few weeks ago. It was as brand new as you can get. But as I said “ I’ve got mine!” I hope this helps

Stay away from the F150, I have a 2019 5.0, 10 speed transmission with only 61,000 and the auto start feature is causing intermittent problems that won’t pull a code so it’s hard to track and get repaired. Do a google search on it. Good luck as it seems everything is a POS nowadays.

Was about to reply the same. You need to get an old 95 F150 and a couple engines, transmissions and a box of front end parts.

I used to go that route, but tired of repairing and replacing. Love the older GMT400 body styles, but engines and trannys are way more expensive these days. Let alone converting an older R-12 AC system.

Back
Top Bottom