• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In state SBR sale

gafirefighter

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
55   0
Reaction score
Ok, so I am selling my SBR to a good friend. I want to make sure all is correct on the Form 4. This is a factory SBR.

This is not a trust, so he will do the form 4's the fingerprint cards, and the certification of compliance. He will also get his passport photos. These will be submitted in duplicate with his check for $200. My question is this… Am I to sign the form as the transferor and put my information in as the transferor or in blank 3a? Obviously, I do not have an FFL. Once the form 4 is returned to meet approved then I can transfer the firearm. I think I have everything correct I just want to make sure that I am filling out the form in the appropriate locations. Don't want any more of a delay then we have to have.

On a side note, the transferee puts the address that they currently reside at, correct? I guess it really does not matter if you have not changed your drivers license address yet as this is not required. Just be truthful about your actual address, and have that chief law-enforcement officer sign off on it.

Adam

Form 4. You are the transferor. Copy what is listed on your form 4 from when you got it, where you were listed as the transferree.

Put his current address in the transferee box. Submit in duplicate on double sided printed paper with passport photos attached to the back, CLEO signature on there too. Include certificate of compliance, and FBI fingerprint cards.

When it comes back approved, transfer to him.

Back
Top Bottom