• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Increase in ads for certain calibers

Just because 6.5 became popular and gun folks love to rationalize buying the new thing so a bunch of people bought in and now don't use it as much as they thought so now they are selling because their interest has shifted to the new shiny and they need space in the gun safe? Business as usual.

If the 6.5 creed is the latest best thing since sliced bread, why are they so many members trying to sell them?
Why has the valve of lever actions sky rocketed?
I don’t know, lever actions are cool though & fun to shoot. I bought my infant son a mares leg in .22 a couple months after he was born, plan to gift it to him when he is maybe 4 or 5 and I am certain he will be able to operate a firearm safely.

Anything a 6.5 CM can do, a .270 Winchester can do better, with the exception of fitting in an AR-10 sized magwell. A friend has a bolt gun in 6.5 and while it’s a damn accurate rifle & nice shooting there are other options out there.

The lever actions are probably because no one has really made any good lever guns since Marlin sold out to Remington. Winchesters are made overseas and are uber expensive now, and Henry is Henry. The JM Marlin craze hit the market and automatically put a few hundred more dollars on every lever action. Ruger should turn out some decent Marlins but they price is not likely to drop looking at the pricing on the new 45/70 hitting the shelves.

I got nothing on the 6.5 man bun

Another reason that you see so many 6.5CM’s for sale is that it is an extremely popular caliber.

When a caliber is popular, manufacturers make more rifles in that caliber.

When manufacturers make more rifles in a certain caliber, you’ll see more rifles for sale in that caliber.

Go to the Handguns section and look at handguns for sale/trade. I guarantee the most common caliber of gun you’ll see there is 9mm. This does not mean that everyone hates 9mm and is getting rid of it. It means that 9mm is an extremely common caliber, so more guns are for sale in 9mm.

Another option is to do a Search for the question asked by the OP, as it has been asked numerous times here already.

I picked up a very nice Bergara B14 Hunter in 6.5CM before deer season began and was looking forward to trying it out, until I realized my Model 700 in 30-06 could do everything I needed for my hunting situation. Sold it without even trying it. I'm gonna stick with my old reliable!

Back
Top Bottom