• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Interesting call from a Savannah detective

I got a similar call once about a canoe that I had when I lived in PA. It was sold and like 6 years go by, and a detective calls to tell me they found it empty in the ocean. And needed any info I had on anybody.

My response was to the effect of “wow that’s crazy, good luck though”

If you weren't the last person to sell it to the (alleged) killer, why would they even care?

They have the body, they have the (alleged) killer and they have the gun. Why do they need you?

I ran into something similar a year or so ago, with a Postal Inspector asking about the sale of a gun.

But that was different in a couple of ways...

1) The case involved a guy buying guns here and mailing them to CA.
2) I had sold the gun directly to the person accused of running the GA end of things.

I did have his supervisor send me a formal letter asking my assistance and verifying the inspector as being legitimate. Then I talked to him on the phone (I called their office from their published number and asked for him) to confirm his very basic questions (SN, make, model and date I sold it).

He already had that info from searching this site, but was hoping I had more information in PMs (I didn't).

I certainly don't feel bad about helping the cops in cases like this, but you should also make sure that you aren't going to get put in a bad position.

In this case I don't know what additional information you can bring unless they are trying to bust a gun buying ring. If this is simply a murder they should have everything they need.
This sounds exactly like the situation I was in. Probably the same perp.

Back
Top Bottom