• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Internet at the hunting camp

I would leave all this crap at home and enjoy the hunt. This from someone who only recently got an iPhone. No apps, no wifi(don`t even know what that is, and have no desire to learn). My favorite button on it is the "off" button. My favorite place to carry it is in my truck. When I ain`t in the truck.

I agree!! Going to the hunting camp or camping in general is my time to get away from it all. Nothing worse than sitting in a chair around a camp fire, gathering your thoughts of the days hunt and planning your attack for tomorrow... and then all of a sudden, a phone rings. Don't get me wrong, I keep my phone on me while in the woods as Its helpful if your hurt of lost. But it stays on silent and pulled out of the backpack only if its needed. Call me old fashion if you want, but todays technology has made a lot of people forget about the true joys of being at deer camp. Good (face to face)fellowship with friends and/or family, quiet time, and memories.

I live in the boondocks too far out for DSL or cable service and only have Verizon cell reception. We have verizon hotspot WiFi for guests to use (capped at 15gb month LTE) and we personally use iPad’s with LTE for internet and to watch some Netflix or Prime video streaming.

Netflix offers a download and go (When you’re on WiFi somewhere) so I believe when I go to town and hit some free WiFi (McDonalds, Ingles or Duncan Doughnuts) that I can download some movies to play later. Got to try that out.

The download option works pretty well. Be aware that not all series or movies are available. Amazon Prime also offers this service. I use it for my long commuter bus ride home every day.

It didn't occur to me that most everyone else has a different definition of hunting camp. My set up is 27 acres I hunt by myself so sometimes I'll head down the afternoon before my next morning hunt just to sit around a fire by myself. Trust me when I say I get my fair share of piece and relaxation but at some point, it gets boring as hell sitting there staring at a fire......and sometimes don't like where my mind drifts to. Lol.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I have a buddy I camp with that uses the WiFi from his truck to watch his smart tv in the camper. It will work if u aren’t too far away. You could always cancel the WiFi in your truck and buy a jet pack to keep in your truck. That way the $20 a month WiFi would be portable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom