• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Iraq and Afghanistan burn pits........If you are a veteran you need to be aware.

My Mom just called and she said pretty much the same thing. Deal with it. But pills are an option if it happens often.

I gotcha. I notice on our cat, she has really thick fur on her back around her tail area. If I take some clippers and shave it down, it seems to slow down the frequency. I am still keeping up with it to make sure it's not a fluke. I noticed it because she seems to freak out a little bit about licking that area and it's hard for her to reach. I think it's called "rolling back syndrome" or something to that effect and it causes seizures in some cats. There's youtube videos of it as well.

It's alright man. Thyroid cancer is the slowest developing cancer and I will just have to get it removed. The VA is monitoring it. My psoriasis sucks but that is OK as well.

I just want to make it known to veterans what is happening to them from exposure to burn pits. It also causes neurological issues as well. Please read up guys if you were exposed. Don't suffer in silence. As a veteran you deserve better.
Take care of yourself. For what it is worth, my mom had thyroid cancer. Had it removed 5-10 years ago. She is OK, just has to take hormone pills.

I have been diagnosed with thyroid cancer by the VA and I now have the worst case of psoriasis my doctor has ever seen in his words. We had a burn pit right next to our dwelling in Iraq at FOB Delta which was used most of the day so whenever my three man team got off mission we got to enjoy the sweet smell of burning plastic and anything else anyone cared to throw into the fire.

Anyone else having any issues like this?

If you are then I suggest entering the burn pit registry in case you as well have any future or current problems.

Were you exposed to burn pits while deployed?
Dang man, I'm sorry about all the crap you're having to deal with. Hopefully your doctors can keep everything under control and get you cured.
My youngest son was stationed at Balad Air Base in 2008, the same place where that opening photo was taken. I don't know if he knows about this registry but I imagine he already does because that burn pit was a huge concern of his, when he came out of the AF in 2012 he was 70% disabled and part of it might be from the burn pits.
Thanks for this info Bypass Bypass , I'll give it to my son & some Marine & Army Veterans I know who spent time around those pits.

I have been diagnosed with thyroid cancer by the VA and I now have the worst case of psoriasis my doctor has ever seen in his words. We had a burn pit right next to our dwelling in Iraq at FOB Delta which was used most of the day so whenever my three man team got off mission we got to enjoy the sweet smell of burning plastic and anything else anyone cared to throw into the fire.

Anyone else having any issues like this?

If you are then I suggest entering the burn pit registry in case you as well have any future or current problems.

Were you exposed to burn pits while deployed?
We'll keep you in our prayers buddy. Let's just hope it never gets to Flintstones.

My best friend, Viet Vet, is on 100% VA disability due to prostate cancer, he was exposed to Agent Orange. I don't know the stats, but I have heard of many AO exposed vets with prostate and other cancers.
I had a good friend who was Marine Corps Force Recon in Vietnam, as a Lt. In the Coweta Co. Sheriff's Dept the man was built like a fire plug and strong as an ox. About 6-7 years ago all of a sudden he started feeling real bad and went to see the doctor, he was eat up with cancer and went from about 225 lbs down to about 115-120 lbs in a year and died. He was convinced it was AO but the VA denied it to the end, sons a bitches. Bill was a damn good man and didn't deserve that crap.

3 deployments. **** burning detail for 2 of em on combat out posts. Burn pits On said combat outpostS. Lived next to a smoldering trash heap in Iraq second trip. Here's to hoping this doesn't come back to bite me. Keeping you in my prayers brother thank you for your service.

3 deployments. **** burning detail for 2 of em on combat out posts. Burn pits On said combat outpostS. Lived next to a smoldering trash heap in Iraq second trip. Here's to hoping this doesn't come back to bite me. Keeping you in my prayers brother thank you for your service.
Praying for you and all who've been exposed to that crap. Thanks for your service to our nation and keeping us safer.

Back
Top Bottom