• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is .357 Sig awesome or awful?

Shot placement consistintly, under a variety of circumstances, is far more awesome......
Shot placement my butt. When you are running, ducking, and screaming during a REAL life or death situation, you will want one, yes just one round to stop your opponent, even if you don't hit that fictional "shot placement".
Sorry, the "shot placement" answer just irritates me. I will guarantee you will not hit where you think you will when it's real.

Yea Ken, I've see plenty of "experts" run rounds in high end training that required high volumes of fire with .gov issued 226s and they might have been throwing rocks..running and screaming throwing rocks. In other hands and weapon a great cartridge.

Good cartridge in the right hands.(if you can hit your target)

I hate that BS "cartridge makes the gunfighter". Complete "REAL" BS. And I like the SIG357.

Yea Ken, I've see plenty of "experts" run rounds in high end training that required high volumes of fire with .gov issued 226s and they might have been throwing rocks..running and screaming throwing rocks. In other hands and weapon a great cartridge.

Good cartridge in the right hands.(if you can hit your target)

I hate that BS "cartridge makes the gunfighter". Complete "REAL" BS. And I like the SIG357.
Gunfighter makes the gun fighter.
Carry the strongest weapon you can efffectively deploy. For some that is a .22 others something far bigger. Also depends on the mission.
But a more powerful cartridge will always trump a less powerful one if it's not a CNS or similar hit. With that there is a better chance to take the fight out of an attacker faster.

I will I agree to disagree but don't think for a second your experience as a deputy or anything else even remotely gives you the plums (even close) to talk about "REAL" to people you don' t know crap about. That assumption has (and I'm not talking about me at all) has caused more misunderstandings for those that talk about their "REAL" experience to people that don't blather about their own on an open forum.

I don't need a SIG357 to save me I've spent thousands and thouands of hours and most likely 7+ figures of ammo and too much dry firing to count to ensure that. Over decades and decades.

Other than that rock on, the idea gunfight would entail a fire team, sawman, granadier and two riflemen....

I guess my real point after all the chaf was there is a large pool of folks that simpy can't handle the round especially in a controled rapid fire mode. I was having that discussion w CMShoot via PM yesterday

.357SIG ain't as easy to run fast, hard, and accurate as say the 9mm. Good technique always helps, but apply those same techniques to a 9mm and you'll run the 9mm faster than you will a .357SIG......with all other factors being equal.

I used a stock P229 in .357SIG to earn my Triple Nickel, so I can run one fast, hard and accurate......but I can run the same gun in 9mm faster and harder, and just as accurate.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Nickel_Course_of_Fire

We are now up to 205 Triple Nickel holders.

I will I agree to disagree but don't think for a second your experience as a deputy or anything else even remotely gives you the plums (even close) to talk about "REAL" to people you don' t know crap about. That assumption has (and I'm not talking about me at all) has caused more misunderstandings for those that talk about their "REAL" experience to people that don't blather about their own on an open forum.

I don't need a SIG357 to save me I've spent thousands and thouands of hours and most likely 7+ figures of ammo and too much dry firing to count to ensure that. Over decades and decades.

Other than that rock on, the idea gunfight would entail a fire team, sawman, granadier and two riflemen....

I guess my real point after all the chaf was there is a large pool of folks that simpy can't handle the round especially in a controled rapid fire mode. I was having that discussion w CMShoot via PM yesterday
My only point was the "shot placement" That term is used 99% of the time to justify ones choice in ammo selection.
If shot placement was the true key, then we would all be running .22.
Do you disagree that "shot placement" goes away or at least is severly limited when the SHTF and you and your target are moving ducking and adrenaline is off the charts? I don't care how good you are, it rarely if ever goes the way you think it will. On that I think you would agree.

Back
Top Bottom