• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is "Deal of the Day" the new..........

I got a hand slap for asking what model something was since it wasn't stated in the post. All I literally said was "Is this item, this model here?" with a link to the manufacturers website.

Just so happens that the manufacturer was selling for 640 and the post was selling the same item for 800. I was honestly asking to confirm what model it was, but since by some chance the price was lower, the Admin took my post down and gave me a warning for letting him post whatever price he wanted.

Are you frakkin' serious right now? It's one of those "I mAkE pIzZaS fOr a lIvInG, bUt I'm aN AdMiN oN OdT! WhAt I SaY GoEs!" situations I guess.

So yeah, ever since then, I'm moving on to the "Good deal!" strategy!

Some mods are ok, but more often than not, the people that want to be mods, are people that enjoy having control over others...

Are you frakkin' serious? It's one of those "I mAkE pIzZaS fOr a lIvInG, bUt I'm aN AdMiN oN OdT! WhAt I SaY GoEs!" /now thats funny as hell rite thar

Are you frakkin' serious? It's one of those "I mAkE pIzZaS fOr a lIvInG, bUt I'm aN AdMiN oN OdT! WhAt I SaY GoEs!" /now thats funny as hell rite thar

Not saying that is the case here, but it is typical of online forums... a pizza delivery guy who has zero authority anywhere in his life, suddenly gets elevated to MOD on some online forum and he is gonna damn well make sure everyone knows and respects him now.

I ran into this with a mod at the Triumph forum... some doofus who leans far left, would not tolerate ANYTHING conservative in the off topic section... You could rail against Trump all day long, nobody would say a peep. Say something pro trump and the mod would delete your post.

So I responded to him in private. Asked why the policing seemed, one sided...

His response was that he was a mod and his decisions were absolute. For me to even question him in private, was an offense that would get me banned for life.

Of course I told him to go F himself.

I haven't seen the mods be that heavy handed here, or petty... But on the internet of things in general, they tend to be a petty lot and they like to run the forums like they are their own little kingdoms, and are obviously compensating for the lack of authority they have in the real world...

[QUOTE="SirSpanksAlot, post: 10462568, member: 54889"

His response was that he was a mod and his decisions were absolute. For me to even question him in private, was an offense that would get me banned for life.

.[/QUOTE]

There is another forum in Georgia whose name shall not be mentioned where that is the case.

I got banned for disrepecting a mod in a PM. Of course that was in response to a PM from the mod. Dish it out, can't take it.

Public call out of mod is immediate ban for life, doesn't matter if they claim the moon is made of cheese.

But I've mellowed and don't seem to have TOO many issues with the mods here,

Back
Top Bottom