• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

is drew brees a top 3 qb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you wouldn't trade him for payton brady or rodgers?
Nope, If I had the authority I would keep Ryan over all of them. He has made the falcons watchable for the first time in their history IMO, and I'd like to see him retire a falcon. But that's why I build cabinets for slave wages instead of making the big bucks managing a pro sports team.

Nope, If I had the authority I would keep Ryan over all of them. He has made the falcons watchable for the first time in their history IMO, and I'd like to see him retire a falcon. But that's why I build cabinets for slave wages instead of making the big bucks managing a pro sports team.

i like your loyalty. too bad sports doesn't work that way. i bet the minute ryan starts going down hill he'll be traded.

I dont have a dog in the fight, my QB is an average joe that will never break the Top 5 or be in an "elite QB discussion" ... (Andy Dalton... go ahead...laugh and mock me. I can't help where I was born and raised, and I stay true to my team, no matter how many years of pain I must endure.)

However...statistically if you look at Ryan vs Brees QBR* (Total Quarterback Rating), Ryan is better on paper. But games are won on the gridiron, not on paper. The one major thing that Ryan has over Brees is 4" of height, which is pretty huge for a QB. A 6'0" QB is often a detriment to the team, unless they're extremely mobile. So make your own determination who is the better QB.

2012 - Ryan QBR 74.8 / Brees QBR 66.5
2011 - Ryan QBR 69.9 / Brees QBR 83.0
2010 - Ryan QBR 70.6 / Brees QBR 64.7
2009 - Ryan QBR 58.5 / Brees QBR 80.4
2008 - Ryan QBR 73.6 / Brees QBR 65.0

*QBR: The Total Quarterback Rating is a statistical measure that incorporates the contexts and details of those throws and what they mean for wins. It's built from the team level down to the quarterback, where we understand first what each play means to the team, then give credit to the quarterback for what happened on that play based on what he contributed.

Average the fives years out and Brees has 71.92 to Ryan's 69.48 total. The widest margin of QBR is 21.9 for Brees in 2009. Ryan was better in 2012 with 8.6. I like Brees.

Average the fives years out and Brees has 71.92 to Ryan's 69.48 total. The widest margin of QBR is 21.9 for Brees in 2009. Ryan was better in 2012 with 8.6. I like Brees.

How about if you compare Ryan's first 5 seasons to Brees' first 5 seasons. Matt is still developing and Brees is in his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom