• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

is drew brees a top 3 qb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
brady? you mean the guy who hasn't been able to win more than 1 playoff game in the last 3 yrs?

Yeah, the same Brady that picked us apart with scrub receivers. Give Brady, Jones and a healthy White and watch him put on a clinic.

Falcon's aren't fired up about anything. It starts at the top. This is an offensive game with the pressure on the QB, rise up or get beat. Falcons seem to choose getting beat.

Ryan is an above average QB. He can't hold Bree's jock.

I hate the Saints and love my Falcons. I am just a realist.

I dont have a dog in the fight, my QB is an average joe that will never break the Top 5 or be in an "elite QB discussion" ... (Andy Dalton... go ahead...laugh and mock me. I can't help where I was born and raised, and I stay true to my team, no matter how many years of pain I must endure.)

However...statistically if you look at Ryan vs Brees QBR* (Total Quarterback Rating), Ryan is better on paper. But games are won on the gridiron, not on paper. The one major thing that Ryan has over Brees is 4" of height, which is pretty huge for a QB. A 6'0" QB is often a detriment to the team, unless they're extremely mobile. So make your own determination who is the better QB.

2012 - Ryan QBR 74.8 / Brees QBR 66.5
2011 - Ryan QBR 69.9 / Brees QBR 83.0
2010 - Ryan QBR 70.6 / Brees QBR 64.7
2009 - Ryan QBR 58.5 / Brees QBR 80.4
2008 - Ryan QBR 73.6 / Brees QBR 65.0

*QBR: The Total Quarterback Rating is a statistical measure that incorporates the contexts and details of those throws and what they mean for wins. It's built from the team level down to the quarterback, where we understand first what each play means to the team, then give credit to the quarterback for what happened on that play based on what he contributed.

Last edited:
I dont have a dog in the fight, my QB is an average joe that will never break the Top 5 or be in an "elite QB discussion" ... (Andy Dalton... go ahead...laugh and mock me. I can't help where I was born and raised, and I stay true to my team, no matter how many years of pain I must endure.)

However...statistically if you look at Ryan vs Brees QBR* (Total Quarterback Rating), Ryan is better on paper. But games are won on the gridiron, not on paper. The one major thing that Ryan has over Brees is 4" of height, which is pretty huge for a QB. A 6'0" QB is often a detriment to the team, unless they're extremely mobile. So make your own determination who is the better QB.

2012 - Ryan QBR 74.8 / Brees QBR 66.5
2011 - Ryan QBR 69.9 / Brees QBR 83.0
2010 - Ryan QBR 70.6 / Brees QBR 64.7
2009 - Ryan QBR 58.5 / Brees QBR 80.4
2008 - Ryan QBR 73.6 / Brees QBR 65.0

*QBR: The Total Quarterback Rating is a statistical measure that incorporates the contexts and details of those throws and what they mean for wins. It's built from the team level down to the quarterback, where we understand first what each play means to the team, then give credit to the quarterback for what happened on that play based on what he contributed.

Good stuff.

I have always been true to the Falcons. But if it is Ryan vs Brees and I am picking a QB for my team, I would pick Brees.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ironic thing is when Ryan has a good year, Brees has an off year and vice versa. And it seems to happen every other year. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom