Is it ok for a Buyer to ask for a Bill of Sale (BOS)?

Boomer73

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
2   0
Reaction score
I can understand why someone doesn't want a seller asking for a BOS, but wouldn't it be wise for a buyer to have a BOS for his records, NOT for the sellers. It may or may not stand up in court, but it is a paper trail in case the firearm you bought ends up being stolen or was used in a crime. It seem like the seller shouldn't mind, since they don't have the firearm anymore.

I can understand why someone doesn't want a seller asking for a BOS, but wouldn't it be wise for a buyer to have a BOS for his records, NOT for the sellers. It may or may not stand up in court, but it is a paper trail in case the firearm you bought ends up being stolen or was used in a crime. It seem like the seller shouldn't mind, since they don't have the firearm anymore.

I wouldn't worry too many about it. If you buy it off of here or other sites like this, there's a record that can't be erased. You can bet everything that has to do with guns is being watched. As far as worrying about buying something stolen, meet the seller at the local PD or SO and have a LEO to check it before you pay for it.

OMG does this **** ever stop :smash:

New here! Does what ever stop? I don't feel it's anyone business what firearms I own, so FFL is really not what I want. To me FFL is still another form of registration. But I feel a buyer needs something to have in case his firearm is stolen and he can some kinda proof of ownership if needed.

i just keep digital photos and a log of models, serial numbers, and such of what i own in case of a loss.........

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom