Is it ok for a Buyer to ask for a Bill of Sale (BOS)?

New here! Does what ever stop? I don't feel it's anyone business what firearms I own, so FFL is really not what I want. To me FFL is still another form of registration. But I feel a buyer needs something to have in case his firearm is stolen and he can some kinda proof of ownership if needed.

Most (including myself) feel the same about a BOS. The best way is to have it checked during the purchase if you feel it necessary. There are and have been a lot of guns I would have bought but that BOS requirement shut it down from my side.

I definitely keep screen shots of the sell on anything I would buy, and I would also keep a personal log of model and serial# and pics, but I just thought a BOS would just be good to have. It didn't seem like would hurt the seller, unless he's not from the state or he's been convicted of felony or he stole the gun. It's not like he owns it anymore, so what would be the problem? I don't think I would take it to local PD, I don't think they're to kind to GWL holders. I've talked to a few, and I got a bad feeling about them. Sheriff department may be better, but he if didn't want a BOS, I don't think he would go for a check.

I understand if the seller want one, I would say no, but the Buyer? It's like registering to yourself, you own the gun, you have the record of the gun, no one else.

I have that anyways. I'm not buying a gun, unless I see a Ga lic. , so got your name and possibly address, and several have corresponded by text, so I have phone#, I have a. recorded of your posting on ODT. What's BOS now, just signature and date.

Well, I didn't mean to upset anyone on here, just asking questions. BOS may not meaning anything here GA, I know they're good to have in TX, at least for sales of Automobiles. I have seen that first hand.

Well, I didn't mean to upset anyone on here, just asking questions. BOS may not meaning anything here GA, I know they're good to have in TX, at least for sales of Automobiles. I have seen that first hand.

automobile your bill of sale/transfer is the title and it is the only legal way to tranfer the car to a new owner, a firearm requires no such transfer in goergia, i signed a bos once(the other trader asked me in the parking lot to fill it out so i decided to just do it to get it over with as the trade was good) but i traded off most of the guns involved with it with no bos so its pretty useless for tracking where the guns are now

Back
Top Bottom