Is it ok for a Buyer to ask for a Bill of Sale (BOS)?

I have that anyways. I'm not buying a gun, unless I see a Ga lic. , so got your name and possibly address, and several have corresponded by text, so I have phone#, I have a. recorded of your posting on ODT. What's BOS now, just signature and date.

You aint holding my DL for long enough to copy that info and you aint doing that with my GFL either. I may put my namwe and signature down or I may not.

IF I made a drive to get the firearm and you spring the BOS on me at the last minute I guarantee that you will get a bad review and you may not make the sale either.

automobile your bill of sale/transfer is the title and it is the only legal way to tranfer the car to a new owner, a firearm requires no such transfer in goergia, i signed a bos once(the other trader asked me in the parking lot to fill it out so i decided to just do it to get it over with as the trade was good) but i traded off most of the guns involved with it with no bos so its pretty useless for tracking where the guns are now

I signed a BOS once. Guy had sprung it on me last minute. He asked me did I want a copy and I told him I wanted nothing to do with paperwork that ATF might attempt to use as proof that someone was being an unlicensed dealer. I will not make that "mistake" again.

You aint holding my DL for long enough to copy that info and you aint doing that with my GFL either. I may put my namwe and signature down or I may not.

IF I made a drive to get the firearm and you spring the BOS on me at the last minute I guarantee that you will get a bad review and you may not make the sale either.

Im not holding anyone's DL and nobody is holding mine, but I'm seeing your DL, if not, NO SALE! I'm not committing a felony for someone who's paranoid I'm going use their info or turn it over to the govt., because buying or selling to someone out of state is a felony, so I will verify your a GA resident before I buy. I'm not much of a seller, I usually keep what I buy, so I don't have to worry about who sell too.

Why pay the extra premium here? Just buy a new one from a store. Even with a paper trail, these guns have been through more hands than.... Plus, how many of the guys here sell inferior or defective stuff?

I'd do without if I had to involve an FFL and the record's the ATF flips thru with Glee every time they do a site inspection.
Might ass well just buy from a FFL if you don't mind the paper and it winding up on the confiscation list, that way they'll have the correct address.
Make your own BOS/Trade/Buy/Sell doc and circle which it is appropriate for, both sign with verified ID and photo the other party, their vehicle and tag#, all that with the doc and should it wind up as having been stolen, your butt is covered better than with Charmin.Example of good Butt Cover Doc

Firearms Transfer Record
Sell / Buy / Trade / Other (Circle appropriate)
Date:__________________________________

Seller / Trader -print name ;________________________________________________
Address;____________________________________________City__________________________________
Phone:__________________________ D/L / GFL State;______________ Verified yes / no________________
Weapon selling/ trading make_________________________Model____________Serial#__________________
Caliber____________________________Accessories______________________________________________
Signature;_____________________________________Witness;_____________________________________
Trader / Buyer Information

Buyer/ Trader - print name;_________________________________________________________________
Address;____________________________________________City__________________________________
Phone:__________________________ D/L / GFL State;______________ Verified yes / no _______________
Weapon selling/ trading make_________________________Model____________Serial#_________________
Caliber____________________________Accessories_____________________________________________
Signature;_____________________________________Witness;___________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:
Im not holding anyone's DL and nobody is holding mine, but I'm seeing your DL, if not, NO SALE! I'm not committing a felony for someone who's paranoid I'm going use their info or turn it over to the govt., because buying or selling to someone out of state is a felony, so I will verify your a GA resident before I buy. I'm not much of a seller, I usually keep what I buy, so I don't have to worry about who sell too.

3qi88o.jpg

Flashing an ID is not a big deal but I don't really see a need for it here. Most of the guys I deal with have multiple positive feedback and a location on the profile. I am probably not dealing with you if your profile states "USA" and you text me from a (251) area code without verifying residency.

I'd do without if I had to involve an FFL and the record's the ATF flips thru with Glee every time they do a site inspection.
Might ass well just buy from a FFL if you don't mind the paper and it winding up on the confiscation list, that way they'll have the correct address.
Make your own BOS/Trade/Buy/Sell doc and circle which it is appropriate for, both sign with verified ID and photo the other party, their vehicle and tag#, all that with the doc and should it wind up as having been stolen, your butt is covered better than with Charmin.Example of good Butt Cover Doc

Firearms Transfer Record
Sell / Buy / Trade / Other (Circle appropriate)
Date:__________________________________

Seller / Trader -print name ;________________________________________________
Phone:__________________________ D/L / GFL State;______________ Verified yes / no________________
Weapon selling/ trading make_________________________Model____________Serial#__________________
Caliber____________________________Accessories______________________________________________
Signature;_____________________________________Witness;_____________________________________
Trader / Buyer Information

Buyer/ Trader - print name;_________________________________________________________________
Phone:__________________________ D/L / GFL State;______________ Verified yes / no _______________
Weapon selling/ trading make_________________________Model____________Serial#_________________
Caliber____________________________Accessories_____________________________________________
Signature;_____________________________________Witness;___________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

640px-01-how-about-no-bear.jpg

I would rather have my information on file with a licensed dealer than in some dude's hands.

What you are saying is "Don't trust BATF or FFLs with your information....Trust me."

Back
Top Bottom