• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is it worth buying a single six over a heritage 22?

Single six or Wrangler would be my vote.

I’ve owned two rough riders and both broke (one the advancing hand snapped, the other the trigger fell off of.).
That's what I was thinking. Thing is, for what he's doing with it it could wind up with blood on the weapon. Highly corrosive

My fave SS
20220706_102631.jpg

For what you are using it for the Heritage is fine unless it breaks. The ruger Single Six is something you would hand down to kids and grand kids and it would retain it's value much better but not necessary for what you are using it for.
I am also interested in the shooting chickens question. never seen that before. Usually just break their necks or some chop off their heads.

For what you are using it for the Heritage is fine unless it breaks. The ruger Single Six is something you would hand down to kids and grand kids and it would retain it's value much better but not necessary for what you are using it for.
I am also interested in the shooting chickens question. never seen that before. Usually just break their necks or some chop off their heads.
If I was doing one chicken, I can just break its neck. But I don't. I'll cull about 20 roosters at a time, and it's much less of a fight hanging them all upside down and killing them with a 22. I even have a laundry machine looking thing that defeathers them. It's a whole chicken wing ding here in winter.

We catch them at night and stick them in a coop. Fast them for a day. Comes the next morning, we grab them all and hang them upside down around the rim of a trampoline. They all get the sleeping pill, usually from the model 60. We then cut their heads off while they're hanging to bleed them. Dip them in boiling water then toss them in the tumbler. Once they're naked, we dress them keeping the hearts and livers for the dogs. We then debone them, ground them, and make chicken brats. Fire up the grill the next day and have a feast with veggies from our garden.

Screenshot_20220706-212434_Chrome.jpg

Chicken murderer……libs are gonna find you. Just kidding that’s some funny stuff. I always just swung em around and snapped that neck but with that many I can see why you would want to shoot. I’ve seen Taurus tx22 down around $250 and it holds more ammo.

Chicken murderer……libs are gonna find you. Just kidding that’s some funny stuff. I always just swung em around and snapped that neck but with that many I can see why you would want to shoot. I’ve seen Taurus tx22 down around $250 and it holds more ammo.
I have a long story on swinging them and chopping their heads off that made me switch to shooting them. I'll spare you though. Just know that I caused some poor chicken a lot of inhumane trauma when I was a new chicken owner some decade ago.

Back
Top Bottom