• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Is Reloading worth it

The answer is YES, you can save alot, particularly if YOUR SMART on shopping your Supplies and Equipment. Nothing against Dillon, or RCBS Equipment but it's High $, and there are Plenty of others that will Load Just as good and MANY THOUSANDS of rounds for less $. I would suggest a Good Lee setup to start with, Less $ and it is Good Reliable Equipment. Also watch for Swaps or Trades for there are Deals to be had here on the Trader, and other Sites. It's rare that I pay full price or New price for Equipment or Supplies. Usually the ONLY thing I Purchase is Powder and Primers, and even then you find Trades for them periodically.
There are MANY Threads here in the Reloading Forum that address this same question and alot of other questions a little searching will turn up lots of information. Here is a link to a Nice Free Reloading Program, it even has Many Common Weapons Manuals and Printable Targets included.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/

The answer is YES, you can save alot, particularly if YOUR SMART on shopping your Supplies and Equipment. Nothing against Dillon, or RCBS Equipment but it's High $, and there are Plenty of others that will Load Just as good and MANY THOUSANDS of rounds for less $. I would suggest a Good Lee setup to start with, Less $ and it is Good Reliable Equipment. Also watch for Swaps or Trades for there are Deals to be had here on the Trader, and other Sites. It's rare that I pay full price or New price for Equipment or Supplies. Usually the ONLY thing I Purchase is Powder and Primers, and even then you find Trades for them periodically.
There are MANY Threads here in the Reloading Forum that address this same question and alot of other questions a little searching will turn up lots of information. Here is a link to a Nice Free Reloading Program, it even has Many Common Weapons Manuals and Printable Targets included.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/

How many rounds per hour can a Lee produce? What about warranty?

The big thing on cost of the 9 is accuracy the cheap ammo will only cost a dollar more maybe than your reloads of the same weight and quality bullit but they are far more accurate the cheaper plated and lead will save even more I've been pleases with barrys plated great compromise on cost and accuracy. I use lee products the cheapest on the market with a smart tumbler and I think for the price it's hard to beat. Many ranges don't care if you keep your brass so keep it and the guys next to you if he dent sweep if your outside throw down a price of poly

willr1, if you deer you can especially see the savings and accuracy you can get from rifles. I have a load for my 300 UltraMag that touch at 200 yards. My 257 Ackley will shoot a group you can cover with a dime. Will you save money? I can load 100 rounds of ammo with premium bullets for my 300 Ultra MAg for $81.00 dollars. Box of factory for 20 is $60 and up. If you take the time you will save money with pistols if you buy bullets in bulk and save your brass

I load a box of 230grn .45 acp for about half what I can buy wolf or tul-ammo for. So the savings come around quick at a couple hundred rounds a week. Accuracy has always beaten my savings. If it cost more I would probably reload, even though the impetus for reloading in my case was to save a bunch of money (which didn't happen cause I just shoot a heck of a lot more.) Which, come to think of it, is a nice return...

reloading in addition to saving money allows you to tailor a load to your gun. In some calibers it is hard to justify . 9mm is hard to justify in a standard load, but if I want subsonic loads then the answer becomes yes. I do mainly .45 and .308 and a few others in a lesser amount. Just start some where in the middle and inspect your first loads extra hard until you become mare comfortable with it .

It it hard to justify 9 only but the savings will come when you gave every thing else on hand and you are only out thirty for a set of dies

I have 2 Dillion Square Deal Reloading machines, one each in 45 and 9mm. I do not reload any rifle ammo so this works best for me. Had one that I used for both but got a good deal on a used one so this is easier with nothing to adjust. I reload 9mm with Montana Gold FMJ for about $125 to $130 per 1k. With my reloads I try to match as closely but cheaply as I can Lawman practice ammo costing around $215 shipped per 1k. So I save about $80 or so per k. The savings for 45 ACP are even more per 1k. On avg I shout 1k per month between the two calibers. For me the savings allow me to shoot more than I would without reloading. It is also a hobby as well.

Back
Top Bottom