• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Isle of Man....as addictive as the Dragon's Tail....

isle-of-man-tt.jpg

I've said lately that my next street bike needs to do 0-60 in 3 miles, not 3 seconds like the last one.

When I was a kid I lived at the intersection of 180 and 129 at Vogel

My parents let me get a bike when I was 12 but they got to select the bike , so they got the slowest looking one in the store , a Honda CT Trail 90

I put almost 5000 miles on it and a lot of it was riding from Vogel to Suches and sometimes return thru Cooper creek and wolf creek road

You don’t have to have 150HP to have fun
My bike was 6.5 HP and I could outrun any car
And I had more fun than the guys with the rocket bikes
Even though I only had 6 HP, knobby tires and cable operated drum brakes

real boring...

nascar on the radio....
ALL OF THEM ARE GOING DOWN THE STRAIGHT, THEY ARE REALLY MOVING....NOW THEY ARE...tuning left..ALL RIGHT THEY ARE BACK ON THE STRAIGHT 3 WIDE,IT LOOKS LIKE THE NUMBER 2 CAR IS GOING TO....turn left...and so on for 500 miles..
And then someone gets offened cause someone got to close to them.Starts yelling and screaming but nothing happens.

Sad news. ... RIP Dan Kneen.

At the speeds these bikes are running now days the TT is just becoming more and more deadly every year. You have to start to wonder if they will discontinue this race at some point? Like I said earlier, I did some amateur road racing myself but I admittedly don't have the balls to race those streets at those speeds. No way, no how.

When I was a kid I lived at the intersection of 180 and 129 at Vogel

My parents let me get a bike when I was 12 but they got to select the bike , so they got the slowest looking one in the store , a Honda CT Trail 90

I put almost 5000 miles on it and a lot of it was riding from Vogel to Suches and sometimes return thru Cooper creek and wolf creek road

You don’t have to have 150HP to have fun
My bike was 6.5 HP and I could outrun any car
And I had more fun than the guys with the rocket bikes
Even though I only had 6 HP, knobby tires and cable operated drum brakes
freedom baby yeah !

Back
Top Bottom