• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

It finally happened. I'm officially tired of arguing on the internet.

My friend of 40+ years who I work with daily gets terribly bent often arguing politics with people on facebook or other social media. My dude is a great mechanic but all of his political opinions and knowledge are internet fed. I have seen him be mad at the world because of an argument. I've even seen him argue with folks we are actually friends with about the same. A few things I have found.
1. You are not going to convince someone to change their mind arguing on the internet.
2. Politicians don't care about us. They are not worth arguing with people who actually do. Real friendships are more important that arguing over celebrities.
3. The more adamant someone is about arguing the more ignorant they probably are.
This. After the 2020 election, I've taken a back seat to politics. I don't watch the news and unfollowed all political pages/channels. I don't argue with people anymore in life or online and focus on things that I like and make me happy. I may slip up from time to time, but I've since found myself to be happier and less stressed. I've even found that I like being around some liberals as long as we don't talk politics. Ignorance is bliss they say but, unless there's an uprising, there's no reason to get bent out of shape for things out of your control.

With the clap... yessss indeed!

Some bitches be like....

golf-clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom