• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

It's May 2018 , What Android phone do you recommend?

10thmountain

Default rank 5000+ posts
American Warhorse.
121   0
Reaction score
My iPhone 6S is getting long in the tooth. What Android phones are you guys using with great success? I am a small business owner and need reliability and battery life.

wheelsandchips.files.wordpress.com_2014_09_659eb540488d6f437d252650f5db8eee3196dcdf4d383884666.jpg

My iPhone 6S is getting long in the tooth. What Android phones are you guys using with great success? I am a small business owner and need reliability and battery life.

I have a Motorola Z Play (1st Gen) I bought about 8 months ago and I love it. Decent (not exceptional) camera and *outstanding* battery life. Plus, an external battery, projector, speakers, or high resolution camera pack can be popped onto the back if needed/wanted.

This thing is only about 1/4"-3/8" thick and excellent screen. Coming from my 2 year old Moto Droid Turbo who's battery crapped out (and before that, an iPhone 5s), it is an absolute joy to use.

I unplug at 5:00am each morning, listen to music for 2-3 hrs during commute, and use it a *lot* throughout the day, and by midnight it typically has 20%-40% battery remaining (important during football season!). I doubt I'll ever buy that accessory battery pack.

That said, the newer generation (Z2) is said to have a battery life about 20% less, but better camera and other functions.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Oh, I forgot to mention, it's only available through Verizon, but if you buy one outright, they are unlocked so that you can use on any carrier (I think).

I have been considering a Motorola build. I had a old School RAZR phone from them YEARS ago and it worked perfectly.
The RAZRs were great phones. One thing I found unnerving was that Moto is now Lenovo, but build quality seems great (the Droid Turbo...not so much).

I was glad to get out of the Apple universe though. Products work fantastic, but they don't like folks messing with their firmware or software. I'm a tinkerer and there was always that special app I couldn't get from iTunes. Plus, Android integrates nicely with my SmartTV and computers.

If you switch over, understand that it's an absolute nightmare to get text messaging to work properly after using iMessage on Apple. Better start the process now by unregistering your iMessage account on the Apple servers, as well as not allowing your iPhone to use iMessage.

The OnePlus 6 is dropping soon and promises to once again be a flagship killer....the fact that these phones are dual SIM, unlocked and about HALF the retail price of major brands with the same or better capabilities has always made them attractive to me. I have two of the 3T models and they both stand right up to my Samsung Galaxy S8 with no issues. The OnePlus 6 looks like another hit.

I've been using a LG G6 (G7 comes out soon) and have been surprisingly happy with it. Simple interface, great ergonomics, great battery life. My last phone was a Samsung S8 but didn't really like the curved screen and all the bloat of the Samsung interface.

Another word of caution, if you are on Verizon and need Wifi calling a lot, if not all the non-Verizon branded phones will not do wifi calling (Verizon blocks it for non-branded phones)

Back
Top Bottom