• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I've Just Rescued the Wifey... lol

OttoMan

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
Do unto others what you want them to do to you!
421   0
Reaction score
So, I am here on Second floor in my house(minutes ago), wife comes from walmart and I can hear the garage door opening. Then, screaming and calling me: "Babe, come here...come here... Help me!!!"

I was like "Damn! May need some high powered gun!"

There he was, a young rat snake, looking for some food at our front door...

IMG-20210517-WA0025.jpg
IMG-20210517-WA0027.jpg
IMG-20210517-WA0028.jpg

I had a five-foot version of that in my garage a few years ago.
I picked it up and put it in the woods 50 yards away.
But, I chickened out on the way I picked it up-- I pinned its head and grabbed it firmly just behind the jaws. That was probably not necessary, and made the snake upset and got it thrashing more than it needed to. I've picked up 2-foot to 30-inch snakes without controlling their head before, just handling them gently and supporting their bodies, and have rarely gotten bit. Most snakes are pretty chill.

I had a five-foot version of that in my garage a few years ago.
I picked it up and put it in the woods 50 yards away.
But, I chickened out on the way I picked it up-- I pinned its head and grabbed it firmly just behind the jaws. That was probably not necessary, and made the snake upset and got it thrashing more than it needed to. I've picked up 2-foot to 30-inch snakes without controlling their head before, just handling them gently and supporting their bodies, and have rarely gotten bit. Most snakes are pretty chill.
I know exactly what you're saying. Last year we had another here also, a big one, maybe the father of this one. When I lifted it by the tail, it swimmed back to me like wanted to kiss me... hahaha... it surely made me to shout "f**k you".... lol

Back
Top Bottom