• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Japanese translator needed on the weekend, Macon Ga

fast306stang

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
376   0
Reaction score
My elderly mom is in a nursing home, I can only visit during the weekends. She has reverted to speaking full Japanese...I can understand bits and pieces. The journey has been rough, and only parts are getting better, other parts are getting worse.

I need someone to come up here with me, you can ride with me and my wife, I'll buy lunch or dinner of your choice and pay $100 for 2 hours of your time. I want someone who can tell me what my mom is trying to tell me, but also to provide some conversation to my mom, I think she desperately needs someone who can communicate back and forth with her.

Yes I know about Google but it doesn't work when she can't speak loud enough for the mic to pick up her voice.

If you can't help, I'll gladly accept any prayers.

Thank you and God Bless.

Just had another thought. If there are any authentic Japanese restaurants in your area, they may have dual language people on staff that could help. Let us know, we can keep searching. You’re very welcome.
Good idea! I think everything around me is kinda of fusion even though they're marketed as Japanese...but I bet I could ask around and find somebody that way.

Hospitals may be a source for a translator. They are required to provide one for almost all languages.
When she was in the hospital for a week prior to getting into a home, they were using Google translate. The current nursing home has someone who speaks only Russian and no one can translate for her.

Back
Top Bottom