• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Japanese translator needed on the weekend, Macon Ga

My elderly mom is in a nursing home, I can only visit during the weekends. She has reverted to speaking full Japanese...I can understand bits and pieces. The journey has been rough, and only parts are getting better, other parts are getting worse.

I need someone to come up here with me, you can ride with me and my wife, I'll buy lunch or dinner of your choice and pay $100 for 2 hours of your time. I want someone who can tell me what my mom is trying to tell me, but also to provide some conversation to my mom, I think she desperately needs someone who can communicate back and forth with her.

Yes I know about Google but it doesn't work when she can't speak loud enough for the mic to pick up her voice.

If you can't help, I'll gladly accept any prayers.

Thank you and God Bless.
Sorry to hear this Q. Reach out to your shop at work. Lots of those older military guys are married to women from different countries. Maybe one can translate for you.

Thank you all. We left there a little while ago, it's very frustrating. They have been telling me they'll get someone to cut her toenails, my wife left and bought a large bowl and clippers so we could scrub her feet and cut her nails ourselves. They gave us attitude about it and told us they didn't even know she was diabetic. When I've in fact told them several times.

An example of our Healthcare system at work:
Screenshot_20230513_153942_Gallery.jpg

Sorry to hear this Q. Reach out to your shop at work. Lots of those older military guys are married to women from different countries. Maybe one can translate for you.
I know a few married to other Orientals but no Japanese. But I do need to start networking. It's crazy how obvious these suggestions are but when I've been thinking about it, I've drawn blanks. But I do have a lot on my plate at the moment. Many thanks to everyone in the thread!

Thank you all. We left there a little while ago, it's very frustrating. They have been telling me they'll get someone to cut her toenails, my wife left and bought a large bowl and clippers so we could scrub her feet and cut her nails ourselves. They gave us attitude about it and told us they didn't even know she was diabetic. When I've in fact told them several times.

An example of our Healthcare system at work:View attachment 5712338
nursing homes run short staffed continually. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. If you don't visit every day they will let her care slip through the cracks....I know. I went daily to feed my mother. She had to be feed slowly and they didn't have time to wait on her to swallow food. It was terrible.

nursing homes run short staffed continually. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. If you don't visit every day they will let her care slip through the cracks....I know. I went daily to feed my mother. She had to be feed slowly and they didn't have time to wait on her to swallow food. It was terrible.
I hate that you understand this from personal experience. We are going through the same thing, my mom is down to 78 pounds. They want to put in a feeding tube but she ripped out 2 IV's at the hospital so we know that's not an option. It IS terrible just like you say.

I wanted to really show my ass up there today but there's a fine line between getting something accomplished and pushing them over the edge where they DGAF anymore. They ARE short staffed, the good ones are overworked and underpaid.

Back
Top Bottom