• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Japanese translator needed on the weekend, Macon Ga

My SIL got ahold of someone who said they can go, but they're not available this week or the next. Hopefully I can find someone who is available sooner than that.
It might be a good idea to use your phone to record your mothers utterances however weak or frail they are and possible the interpreter can let you know what she was trying to say at those moments in her life. I take care of a person who can't speak at all after having a stroke. It's hard to understand when there is no language communication but it's possible with watching facial expressions or pointing, etc. Sometimes I get what they are trying to convey a day or two after thinking about it. It's like a game of charades with no real winner but worth the effort to help or just understand their thoughts. Is writing an option for her? Good luck.

It might be a good idea to use your phone to record your mothers utterances however weak or frail they are and possible the interpreter can let you know what she was trying to say at those moments in her life. I take care of a person who can't speak at all after having a stroke. It's hard to understand when there is no language communication but it's possible with watching facial expressions or pointing, etc. Sometimes I get what they are trying to convey a day or two after thinking about it. It's like a game of charades with no real winner but worth the effort to help or just understand their thoughts.
You're absolutely right. I try my best and I've surprised myself at how much I can interpret.

It's a tough fight when--not trying to air dirty laundry--my dad doesn't take an active interest in helping.

You're absolutely right. I try my best and I've surprised myself at how much I can interpret.

It's a tough fight when--not trying to air dirty laundry--my dad doesn't take an active interest in helping.
Depending upon his situation he might not be mentally capable of helping. I took care of my mother for three years, feeding her every day and when hospice was called and death was imminent I could not stay in the room watching her die. I was in and out of the room like a fish out of water. I wanted to be there but I just couldn't. Hurt too bad to watch and not be able to fix her.

It might be a good idea to use your phone to record your mothers utterances however weak or frail they are and possible the interpreter can let you know what she was trying to say at those moments in her life. I take care of a person who can't speak at all after having a stroke. It's hard to understand when there is no language communication but it's possible with watching facial expressions or pointing, etc. Sometimes I get what they are trying to convey a day or two after thinking about it. It's like a game of charades with no real winner but worth the effort to help or just understand their thoughts. Is writing an option for her? Good luck.
My wife hasn't been able to express much at all and hasn't spoken in 3 years.
After a bit you became very tuned into nonverbal communication. It becomes very intuitive.
It's undoubtedly harder with people you don't live with or spend a great deal of time with.

After a bit you became very tuned into nonverbal communication. It becomes very intuitive.
It's undoubtedly harder with people you don't live with or spend a great deal of time with.
I had no idea. I'm very sorry to hear this and I will definitely pray as well for you both!

I don't live with my friend. His family put him in a nursing home after he had his stroke. I went to see him there after he had time to get acclimated to the place and after a huge heartfelt hug from him I understood how happy he was to see a familiar face. I could also see his desperation to get out of there. Long story short, He lives back at his home, takes care of himself and can do everything but read and write. I visit often, pay his bills, take him to the drs. when needed, get his medications and make sure he doesn't run out. I take Precooked dinners for him to eat and he drives himself to the neighborhood grocery store to get incidentals. He calls me on his phone when he needs something and I go over to play a game of charades with him and see I can figure out what the problem at hand is. I am amazed at his friendly demeanor considering his circumstance. He was a radio show host that made a living talking to people. Now all he can say is "dammit". Life is unpredictable, unfair, cruel......and wonderful.

Hug your wife when she least expects it. I hope she hugs you back. You both deserve one.

Back
Top Bottom