• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Jeep Wrangler questions... Thinking about buying one

Sub'd. I've been thinking about a Wrangler also. If I get one it will definitely be a hard top. I've always liked them, but don't know if I will regret not keeping my truck if I get one. Trucks are more practical for me...That's the only reason I've never had a Jeep. I bought a sports car once and regretted it almost immediately. 6 months later I was back in a truck and have never looked back.

Sub'd. I've been thinking about a Wrangler also. If I get one it will definitely be a hard top. I've always liked them, but don't know if I will regret not keeping my truck if I get one. Trucks are more practical for me...That's the only reason I've never had a Jeep. I bought a sports car once and regretted it almost immediately. 6 months later I was back in a truck and have never looked back.

I'm with you. I don't think I can ever have a Jeep as my primary. I had a Cj5 as my daily driver years ago. No way I can do that now. I'm looking for a toy and keeping my GMC.

I'm with you. I don't think I can ever have a Jeep as my primary. I had a Cj5 as my daily driver years ago. No way I can do that now. I'm looking for a toy and keeping my GMC.

That sounds like the way to go. I really love the older Jeeps. After reading your suggestions about towing, it only solidifies my thoughts on keeping my truck.

...but don't know if I will regret not keeping my truck if I get one. Trucks are more practical for me...That's the only reason I've never had a Jeep. I bought a sports car once and regretted it almost immediately. 6 months later I was back in a truck and have never looked back.

I debated about a truck instead of the Jeep at the time, but bought a 5' x 10' open trailer at the same time as buying the Jeep and never regretted my decision to go with the Jeep.

Is yours a manual or automatic?

Manual.

Reactions: JHW
I've got an 05 LJ (Unlimited)

I would definitely recommend it over he standard.

1 Ride quality, extra length means less choppy ride

2 More room. If I'm not mistaken for back seat passengers and behind rear seat

3 will tow better due to longer wheelbase.

4. Even the non rubicon model comes with Dana 44 rear axle.

If you are serious about towing anything with a Jeep, then you need to look at the unlimited version. I keep eyeing this one. The slightly longer wheel base makes a big diff. And it has the stronger axles.

http://dothan.craigslist.org/ctd/5659829517.html
Something did not look right with this jeep, the font and size of the "rubicon" decal are wrong, it does not have the correct wheels etc. Being a Chrysler technician, I was able to run the VIN number and verify my suspicion. THIS IS A STANDARD WRANGLER UNLIMITED NOT A RUBICON. Proceed with caution!

Something did not look right with this jeep, the font and size of the "rubicon" decal are wrong, it does not have the correct wheels etc. Being a Chrysler technician, I was able to run the VIN number and verify my suspicion. THIS IS A STANDARD WRANGLER UNLIMITED NOT A RUBICON. Proceed with caution!

I thought the stickers looked suspect.

Reactions: JHW
Back
Top Bottom