• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jones wins UFC 165 in 5 round decision

kuduboss

Army Icon
Frontiersman
74   0
Reaction score
Anybody see the fight? From what I've been able to find out on line, it might have been a controversial decision. Jones was definately busted up but both went to the hospital after the fight. That might be a normal procedure. Anybody know a sports bar or someplace that shows these PPV fights. Couldn't find one last night.

In paulding county, if you go to watch a ufc fight, you better get there early! I don't know where all the mma fans hide, but they come out in droves on fight night.

One of the best fights I've ever seen in the UFC. I had it Gustaffson 3-1-1...He clearly one the first 3 rounds, and won the fourth until the end of the round when Jones cut him with a spinning elbow and had him shook up. 5th was pretty even.

Gustaffson is one tough fighter. His boxing skills are very good. He brought it to Jones and did not back off an inch. He took Jones down twice. Jones' takedown attempts were stuffed 10 times. Jones finally got a takedown in the 5th but it was weak and Gustaffson immediately got back to his feet. Controversial? Yes. Especially with Jones receiving a unanimous decision. I understand you must beat the champion but Gustaffson won the fight. My opinion for what its worth...Not much.

I agree. The fight was NOT a good showing for Jones. Gustoffsen was the aggressor/in control most of the fight.

You really should put spoilers in the body of the post not the title. I had it recorded and was planning to watch it when I wasn't sick as a dog. Thanks.

It was a very close fight, could've gone either way and I wouldn't have argued. I have seen all of Jones's fights and to me he looked a bit "off" in this fight. Just my opinion, but I think Jones overlooked Gustafsson and he paid for it. Gustafsson came to fight and took it to him. If you have seen Jones in his past fights he could take the fight anywhere at any time, he dominates top tier wrestlers and puts them on their backs at will. The Jones that showed up in the Gustafsson fight reminded me of Tito Ortiz after his prime. His takedown attempts looked terrible. It also looked like he was gassed after the 1st round. Not taking anything away from Gustafsson, but Jones looked like s***.

Gustafsson opened many eyes in this fight and proved himself to a lot of people. I would like to see him fight Jones again.

Back
Top Bottom