• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Jump up price

i just wonder how you like it when you get to the register and they say “oh we are going to up the listed price because somebody else might pay more than the listed price”

I agree with you 100%... No doubt it would be uncalled for. Good way to lose business and respect.

I have a trade rating of zero. Some people just have more expensive items than others that maybe others cannot afford. I hate that this guy gives people like myself with a zero trade rating a bad name and creates skepticism amongst others on ODT. For example... I tinker with higher end firearms and custom built items that aren't as easily tradeable or higher in cost than most peoples price points. Should all ODT members with zero trade ratings be labeled because of this bad apple? I should hope not. But yeah... I'd probably block that individual myself as well. That was pretty low of that member to do that to you.
i am sorry that people give you negative or whatever gives a zero trade rating simply because you deal in high end items. But this has nothing to do with that. Simply a listed price that is not honored. High or low prices should be honored once somebody says they will buy.

i am sorry that people give you negative or whatever gives a zero trade rating simply because you deal in high end items. But this has nothing to do with that. Simply a listed price that is not honored. High or low prices should be honored once somebody says they will buy.

I completely understand and agree with you that high or low prices should be honored. You're right. A man's word is a man's word. Society now and days is really something else.

I have a trade rating of zero. Some people just have more expensive items than others that maybe others cannot afford. I hate that this guy gives people like myself with a zero trade rating a bad name and creates skepticism amongst others on ODT. For example... I tinker with higher end firearms and custom built items that aren't as easily tradeable or higher in cost than most peoples price points. Should all ODT members with zero trade ratings be labeled because of this bad apple? I should hope not. But yeah... I'd probably block that individual myself as well. That was pretty low of that member to do that to you.
Zero feedback doesn't scare me, I've done first deals with several on here that went great. Guys changing their asking price or taking a higher than advertised offer is something completely different. Those folks will always be added to my ignore list and never be dealt with again, no excuses.

i just wonder how you like it when you get to the register and they say “oh we are going to up the listed price because somebody else might pay more than the listed price”

I leave the merchandise at the register and move on. I don't like it either, I just move on. Unfortunately this is very common in today's world.

I have done deals with members that have zero feedback and have given them their first positive. Not every noob is a jerk.

Zero feedback doesn't scare me, I've done first deals with several on here that went great. Guys changing their asking price or taking a higher than advertised offer is something completely different. Those folks will always be added to my ignore list and never be dealt with again, no excuses.
thank you mirvin 264 for the advice. I will do that. I have been a member many years and never had this happen before. I really love this site and think it is great. Only a few bad apples I guess. I was just needing to vent a little and see if this has happened to more than me.

If you’re a buyer
Beware
Even before you buy something
totally agree with this about what your buying. Called “due diligence “ as to quality of product. If I think your crazy for asking a million dollars for a $100 item then I simply walk away thinking your nuts. If I agree to a million, then I am nuts. But if you change Price after you post price for several days and somebody takes you up on it. You may need to think before you post a price. Greed is terrible.

Back
Top Bottom