• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jumper cable issue

Good ones? No, more like $75-$100

Apparently, OP is some sort of truck mechanic or driver or something like that. An Autozone pair should suffice for any normal person's domestic needs. That being said - if he uses these to make a living, and paid $200 20+ years ago, I'd say he got his money out of them.

Just buy a new pair.... we all have to replace tools we use on our job.

FURTHERMORE - if he does indeed change trucks multiple times a day and uses said cables for his job; then he should be taking better care of them - get a tote or bag. Seems easier to me but I'm just a civilian...

Thanks. It was before my time

Apparently, OP is some sort of truck mechanic or driver or something like that. An Autozone pair should suffice for any normal person's domestic needs. That being said - if he uses these to make a living, and paid $200 20+ years ago, I'd say he got his money out of them.

Just buy a new pair.... we all have to replace tools we use on our job.

FURTHERMORE - if he does indeed change trucks multiple times a day and uses said cables for his job; then he should be taking better care of them - get a tote or bag. Seems easier to me but I'm just a civilian...
Did change trucks several times a day. They've been in a storage building for years. I wasn't asking if I should keep em or toss em, just if anyone had a good idea on how to "refurbish" them. I really have no plan on tossing them and I currently have everything needed to make the last another 15-20 years. I figured more folks used stuff till they need attention. When they went in the building, they weren't dry rotted this way. I have 4 or 5 pairs of good cables but they rarely get used as a nice NOCO jump box will handle most anything up to a big rig. This is a tinkering project that I don't intend to spend anything on other than the stuff I already have.
Yall would stroke out if you seen the hammers and prybars I still use, maybe I'll take b a few pictures this weekend when I'm back working in my 6 acre shop. No ac, no heat, no walls, and no roof..
I should start a go fund me for a class on taking care of stuff??

Yall would stroke out if you seen the hammers and prybars I still use, maybe I'll take b a few pictures this weekend when I'm back working in my 6 acre shop. No ac, no heat, no walls, and no roof..
weird-flex-but-ok.gif

Back
Top Bottom