• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jury duty....

A friend of mine legit told them he was racist so he couldn't be selected. They said everyone on the case was white and he told them he was racist against white people.

Hard to tell who someone is by their 'stage' name. I could only image what a Sambo is.
I was just making reference to you sound like a typical boomer.

You would be a waste of tax payers monies. I bet you would also be the first person to complain about the court system letting people get off easy or not doing their job.
The only folks I think get off easy is sex offenders, and that has nothing to do with the jury, more of sentencing guidelines that neither you or I would have any say in.

Hell if anything I think if it's a victimless crime or one where the government is the "victim" it shouldn't be a crime..

A friend of mine legit told them he was racist so he couldn't be selected. They said everyone on the case was white and he told them he was racist against white people.
Not going to believe that one...the judge would have considered him in contemp....at least on Fulton County....that crap will not float there....I know, I've been there too many times.....

Not going to believe that one...the judge would have considered him in contemp....at least on Fulton County....that crap will not float there....I know, I've been there too many times.....
Probably so. I've only been to jury duty one time and was selected. Don't see the big deal everyone makes out of it. I liked the experience and would gladly like to get out of work to do it again, lol.

I was just making reference to you sound like a typical boomer.

The only folks I think get off easy is sex offenders, and that has nothing to do with the jury, more of sentencing guidelines that neither you or I would have any say in.

Hell if anything I think if it's a victimless crime or one where the government is the "victim" it shouldn't be a crime..
I'm certainly old enough...

You'd rather we didn't have it?
Inefficiency? Yes, I wish we didn't have it.
Trial by a jury of my peers? Absolutely I'm glad we have it. Although it occured to me watching the panel, if those are my peers, I'm a lot more stupid/crazy than I thought.

Or, conversely, 12 people that understand it's their civic duty to help to ensure that people receive a fair trial. You, yourself might be on the other end one day, and be in need of fair and impartial jurors.
That's my issue as well. I'd want me on my jury, so I will gladly show up when called.

Well....for me, living in Roswell, and having to get to the Fulton County courthouse by 8am, is not an easy task...I'd be much happier, If I had to just travel to the Roswell courthouse.....to get to Fulton courthouse by 8, I have to leave by 6:15....AND...if you do the park and ride, when court is out for the day....by the time you get to your car....2 hours to get home....SO, I have to pay to park next to courthouse....$15+ a day for that.....strike that off your jury pay.....

Back
Top Bottom