• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jury duty

With my luck I could tell them I was raised by two police officers, I am a firm believer in jury nullification and believe they lack the constitutional authority to bring charges on most of their cases while wearing a "taxation is theft" T-shirt, and a "Boston Harbor Brewed Iced T" hat. I would tell them I was vehemently opposed to the death penalty as I don't want government to have the power to decide who lives and dies. I would say I believed more criminals needed to be shot by their victims during the act, and doing so would rid society of the filth and free up our criminal justice system thus saving the taxpayers money.

Rather than dismissal from jury duty, I would be sent back to the jury pool to sit with 50 other bored people who weren't able to get out of jury duty.

My wife gets called at least ever other year. I can't even begin to guess how many times she has had jury duty in the 15 years we have been together. I on the other hand have only been called once, and I spent the entire time in the jury pool reading 10 year old issues of Newsweek.
I have a theory (unproven) that they keep calling the people they know will show up, with good addresses. So if you show up this year, they put you on the list for next year, and so on.

If they send you a notice and you never get it, don't show, maybe you are on sabbatical, hiking the Appalachian trail for 6 months, they take you off the list and don't bother you again.

If we do not hear from you, an order will be issued requiring you to appear at a hearing and explain before a judge the reason you failed to appear. The ultimate penalty could be a $1000 fine, three days in jail, community service, or a combination of all three. Northern District of Georgia

If we do not hear from you, an order will be issued requiring you to appear at a hearing and explain before a judge the reason you failed to appear. The ultimate penalty could be a $1000 fine, three days in jail, community service, or a combination of all three. Northern District of Georgia
Given the number of people who don't respond when they call out the names, the judge would have a full-time job enforcing that.

Back
Top Bottom