• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jury duty....

I have sat thru a bunch and heard a few folks say some things that the Judge drilled their butts and made them come back everyday knowing that they would not be picked, just because he could. When if they would have kept their mouth shut, they would have been fine. That being said I doubt you talked to the judge like that, maybe in a different tone and way. You don't tell a Judge what to do or what you will do without consequences of at least being scolded, from what I have witnessed.
Where did I ever say I told the judge what to do? He asked me to elaborate on my answers to a questionnaire so I did. There is a polite yet straightforward way to tell them exactly what I said. It was very straightforward, I couldn't care if they scolded me, it isn't against the law to speak your mind and elaborate doing something that is well within the law. At least it isn't against the law yet.

They just fear folks who go against the grain and have critical thinking skills....

Where did I ever say I told the judge what to do? He asked me to elaborate on my answers to a questionnaire so I did. There is a polite yet straightforward way to tell them exactly what I said. It was very straightforward, I couldn't care if they scolded me, it isn't against the law to speak your mind and elaborate doing something that is well within the law. At least it isn't against the law yet.

They just fear folks who go against the grain and have critical thinking skills....
I don't think fear is the correct word at all.

I'd love to serve on a trial where the state was charging someone with a victimless crime, I'd do everything I could and tell whatever lie I'd have to just to make the cut.

But the two times I've been called it was divorce trials, someone suing the hospital over bed sores, boring crap like that.

But I was saved (well my insurance company was saved) by a jury once. Long story short some old crazy lady hit me in traffic and sued me. Cops that wrote the police report were on her side, the first trial the judge granted her 15 grand, my insurance company appealed and finally 12 jurors saw her and her lawyer for the blatant scam artist they were and sent them running out of Upson County and back to Macon without a dime.

I showed up and told them how I would reach a verdict and my beliefs on the federal government. I did my part.
Them would include the Judge wouldn't it?
Or did you just insinuate you told "THEM" but the Judge really wasn't there.
So telling them how you would reach a verdict, which is one of the questions on the questionnaire, is worthy of being scolded? The question asked along the lines of would you solely use the law as its written to reach a verdict? I answered no then got called to the bench to elaborate that answer as well as others. If there is a next time I'll send you a pm so you can come with me and watch the whole process.

So telling them how you would reach a verdict, which is one of the questions on the questionnaire, is worthy of being scolded? The question asked along the lines of would you solely use the law as its written to reach a verdict? I answered no then got called to the bench to elaborate that answer as well as others. If there is a next time I'll send you a pm so you can come make watch the whole process.
My apologies, you made it sound like you publicly stated in the courtroom to THEM when you actually had to go up front and softly talk to them and not from your seat. I can see that. To answer your statement I would come but I doubt I would get in as to have no paperwork to get in. You can’t just walk in.
As I said I apologize for the misinterpreted statement, I knew it was not openly in the courtroom.

Back
Top Bottom