Just Got (more) Real

As true as this is, and I believe he deserves the death sentence. It cost less to house them for life than it does to put them down. At least that's what I've read.

Sadly that is correct.

Learned that directly from Mike Bowers when he was AG. Life w/o parole wasn't an option when he was AG and he was a fan of it.

Another piece of inside baseball. Death sentences are fly specked by every court up to and including the Supreme Court. Essentially every death sentence case receives SCOTUS review. Life without parole sentences get swallowed up in the system, and are seldom overturned.

I am not opposed to the death penalty. BUT if I were sitting on a jury, knowing that the defendant would sit on death row for 20 years, and there was a good possibility that a new set of justices would turn him loose, and that keeping him on death row would cost millions of dollars, I would have to consider life without parole.

That happened in the Jamie Hood case here in Clarke County. For two years he was all in the paper, his trial was carried live on TV, deserved the death penalty for sure, but got life w/o parole. Any one heard from Jamie lately?

If that's what the idiot judge thought then she needs to go down as an accessory to the fact or better yet let her be charged with manslaughter ,she let the little thug out! let her do time also for being a complete -- Who is the one responsible for putting this idiot on a JUDICIAL bench???:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:, rope them up too ..

Back
Top Bottom