• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Just mugged at knife point.

As frustrated as you were about the situation you walked away from it. Embarrassed, ashamed and pissed but you're here to write about it. But, let it be a lesson learned. I know people always say "Always Carry" and my cousin has always said it but I never listened but now I do. I'm an AA guy and never really felt threatened as I'm not a small guy but when multiples walk up on you, you know the situation just got outta control for even you. So now, I carry always. Ironically, I carry a Cobra along with my Smith Model 60 .357 or my Smith CS9. Keep something in the car/truck and on you. You can never and I mean NEVER have too many. It's almost worth buying a few guns even if their cheaper (used Smiths or Colts or Ruger) and just have some kinda all around. Good luck brotha and count your blessings. All that was lost can be replaced.

Years ago a thug tried to rob me on Stewart Ave (They call it something else now, same crime area, different name) in Atlanta. He stuck a Raven 25 in my face, I stuck a 6" Colt Python 357 in his.. Didn't end well for him. I still laugh at the look on his face, even to this day. I carry everywhere and so does my wife. At least we have a fighting chance with the low information voters..

Called Metropolitan Parkway now. It's cleaned up much better over the past 3-5 years or so. But still not the most desirable place to be in Atlanta.

Very sorry for what happened, man. Can't help but feel violated, but most important thing is you're okay. Three aggressors, armed. Best thing to do was to give them what they wanted. Situational awareness, keeping your head on a swivel is your best defense.

As far as a knife attacker, one thing you may want to be aware of is something called Tueller's Drill. Essentially, once someone is within 21 feet, they can reach you in 1.5 seconds. If they have a knife at the ready and catch you by surprise, chances are they'll reach you before you have a chance to draw your weapon. Situational awareness, distance and barriers are your best friends in this situation.

Google Tueller's Drill and watch the following video. Be aware of your surroundings and have a strategy in mind anywhere you go. Be safe.

Wow....this was excellent. Thanks for sharing bud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly why my wife says, "your taking that with you?" Even when im just going to the grocery store a mile down the road. She got mad one day cause I loaded my bug bag sbr suppressor 2 pistols and a bag full of ammo and mags into her car. Her response, "seriously, we're going to my moms" doesnt matter to me. We may have to fight our way to safety. Never know.

Mother in laws can be dangerous.

Sure hated to hear of you being robbed, but your wallet and that stuff can be replaced - you can't. I was born and raised in Cols and live off Double Churches Rd in a subdivision called Moores' Forrest. I have a CCW, but don't always carry my XD SC .40. But since I bought my Bond Arms 2-shot derringer (stuffed with two 3 inch .410 shots of 000 buck) I'm carrying all the time. The derringer ain't worth a crap at a distance. but close-up, like if you're being robbed or car-jacked, it will sure come in handy. I also bought Bond"s driving holster and the derringer is almost forgotten. I've got to get used to wearing two shirts, one not tucked in to conceal the derringer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom