Just signed up for 3-Gun Nation.. Any advice/help?

19   0
Reaction score
I decided I wanted to begin competing in 3-gun competitions but have never attended one first hand or personally know anyone whom competes. Just curious if anyone would have any advice or help for me...

Almost feel like I'll be going to a new school for the first time like when I was a kid....

The season is pretty much over for 3 gun, and the next match won't be until January. There's a club starting at South River Gun Club for 2014, that'll be a monthly event and the only formalized one I know of thus far.

Creekside Firing Range has had them, but I don't know if anyone is planning on taking over as match director for Joe since he's only going to run some steel challenge and sniper events. There's a club in Cleveland, TN that has a match the second saturday of every month; and it's a pretty good event.

If you want to drive, take a look at East Alabama Gun Club, Oakridge Practical Shooters and Tarheel 3 gun for some area matches.

I have a riding buddy that lives in Augusta that runs 3 guns. I normally look to him if I have questions. I didn't know they had a place nearby that did 3 gun.

Great advice above^^^
Joe's steel matches are a good chance to practice multiple skill sets and there are other events as well, but club shoots and qualifiers will really help you with dealing with equipment, course of fire, shooting and moving... But as the great BACK said it best there is a beep, and you turn retarded.

Shop for for used gear, now is a great time being the "off season". Best wishes to you! It's a lot of fun!!

The season is pretty much over for 3 gun, and the next match won't be until January. There's a club starting at South River Gun Club for 2014, that'll be a monthly event and the only formalized one I know of thus far.

Creekside Firing Range has had them, but I don't know if anyone is planning on taking over as match director for Joe since he's only going to run some steel challenge and sniper events. There's a club in Cleveland, TN that has a match the second saturday of every month; and it's a pretty good event.

If you want to drive, take a look at East Alabama Gun Club, Oakridge Practical Shooters and Tarheel 3 gun for some area matches.

Thanks man, Ill check those out too. I was thinking about just going to observe the one on the 15th at South River this month just to get a feel of the equipment and setup of some. I saw the Noveske Atlanta one you're referring to. I'll definitely try and attend those every month next year at South River..

Thanks man, Ill check those out too. I was thinking about just going to observe the one on the 15th at South River this month just to get a feel of the equipment and setup of some. I saw the Noveske Atlanta one you're referring to. I'll definitely try and attend those every month next year at South River..

There is not a match this weekend. The first isn't until January.

Riverbend Gun Club runs 3-gun as does Skip-J in Anderson, SC. I don't think those matches are affiliated with the 3-gun nation but they might be good for seeing what you've gotten yourself into.

Back
Top Bottom