• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Just want some input

Go to the junkyard and get a valve cover off a wrecked truck and then properly put it on.
Find and fix coolant leak.
Drive it another 50-100,000 miles bro.

take a look getting into something more fuel
efficient. there is no telling where gas prices
are headed and the money you save at the
pump can help to justify the extra investment.

im Clark Howard.

The valve covers should be aluminum I kind of think after the trouble you have had with the same cover I to would go to the junk yard and get another a valve cover gasket may be a little time consuming to do because of other things in the way but the job itself is not rocket science go to the auto parts store get a new gasket probably comes in a set of two and some gasket sealer also get a repair manual might be 15 or20 bucks but with older truck you should recover your money as for the coolant leak check hoses when engine is hot and under pressure just look don't take anything apart while it is hot it may very we'll be your radiator as I recall it was right around that time GM went with dextron coolant was supposed to be good for 100000 miles and I think it is they still use it but in the beginning they had some corrosion problems here again hoses and or replacing the radiator are not big jobs read the book

my truck had the valves leaking. I got a socket that fitted it and checked them and some where loose. m truck has 213000 miles check the bolts holding the covers and see if any are loose. I tightened mine and it fixed it

4x2 or 4x4?
4.3 or 5.7? Or 5.0?

Replace the valve cover and gasket, not just the gasket. And do both sides when you do. If you know a mechanic, it would be a good time to check and adjust the valves and run a compression test.

Hopefully it's not a 5.0 since it's a Silverado. that could be a bigger issue.

Back
Top Bottom