• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just what east Coweta needs. A thousand more houses between Senoia and Sharpsburg.

We are taxpayers there, without any homestead exemption deduction and as commercial property. Our taxes pay for all of that. And yes, we bond all of the work we do. It’s required for the permits and CO. On top of that, we lease to many Fortune 500 companies that employ hundreds of people at each facility. I fail to see anywhere you as a taxpayer in Coweta are in any way subsidizing my work.

It's the residential developments that are the major burden. All the newcomers want more parks, shopping, schools, etc. If you add up the services required by each new house, the tax collected from them doesnt come close to covering that. It's made up by the larger land owners and commercial payers. Then you have quality of life degradation of long time residents from the increase in traffic, noise, lights, etc.

It's the residential developments that are the major burden. All the newcomers want more parks, shopping, schools, etc. If you add up the services required by each new house, the tax collected from them doesnt come close to covering that. It's made up by the larger land owners and commercial payers. Then you have quality of life degradation of long time residents from the increase in traffic, noise, lights, etc.
This is the problem we are facing. I’ve lived in Coweta since there was only a Walmart (regular Wal mart not a super) and a win Dixie and bullsboro was a 2 lane rd. I built a house in quiet little Senoia and moved 6 years later when they annexed more and more property for high density housing. Now, in sharpsburg, my property taxes near double every year and cheap cookie cutter builders grade homes are popping up by the hundreds. I now have to pass all this bs on the way home and sit in traffic.

You can't put a price tag on lost quality of life.

You can't put a price tag on lost quality of life.

Perceived quality of life lost, I can understand. One man’s heaven is another’s hell. But, the tax argument sounds more like mismanagement than a development issue. The gross millage rate in Coweta is the lowest it has been in 10+ years and the revenue is the highest.

Development of any kind, unless an utter financial failure, increases the value of the property. If they failed on any regular basis, more would not be happening.

Back
Top Bottom