• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just what east Coweta needs. A thousand more houses between Senoia and Sharpsburg.

Developers should have to fund all infrastructure. Not just the streets and sewer in their crap development. If it causes a tax burden to existing residents, it should be payed for by them before any permits are issued.
While I don’t totally disagree the simple answer is for county and city governments not to approve all the development.

however , it lines their pockets so rubber stamp it is.

Developers should have to fund all infrastructure. Not just the streets and sewer in their crap development. If it causes a tax burden to existing residents, it should be payed for by them before any permits are issued.
Let’s see, we built the road off a state highway and connected it to a county road, installed street lights, paid for the power company to run the mains, paid for the gas, telecom fiber, installed the storm, and sanitary sewers, and built a lift station. We installed a traffic signal, widened the streets, added crosswalks and sidewalks, at a nearby intersection and we will dedicate it all to the county when complete. On top of that we pay the impact and tap fees to the county as well as hefty land disturbance and building permit fees. Then we pay the real estate taxes, water, sewer, and other utility bills just like any other customer.

What else, in your mind, should we pay for?

Let’s see, we built the road off a state highway and connected it to a county road, installed street lights, paid for the power company to run the mains, paid for the gas, telecom fiber, installed the storm, and sanitary sewers, and built a lift station. We installed a traffic signal, widened the streets, added crosswalks and sidewalks, at a nearby intersection and we will dedicate it all to the county when complete. On top of that we pay the impact and tap fees to the county as well as hefty land disturbance and building permit fees. Then we pay the real estate taxes, water, sewer, and other utility bills just like any other customer.

What else, in your mind, should we pay for?

The need for additional classrooms, fire, and EMS. Bonds for the maintenance of the roads and sewer you built. In other words, if it wasnt a burden on existing taxpayers before then it shouldnt be latter.

The need for additional classrooms, fire, and EMS. Bonds for the maintenance of the roads and sewer you built. In other words, if it wasnt a burden on existing taxpayers before then it shouldnt be latter.
We are taxpayers there, without any homestead exemption deduction and as commercial property. Our taxes pay for all of that. And yes, we bond all of the work we do. It’s required for the permits and CO. On top of that, we lease to many Fortune 500 companies that employ hundreds of people at each facility. I fail to see anywhere you as a taxpayer in Coweta are in any way subsidizing my work.

If a interstate dissects your county and you are only a county or two removed from any Metro area and you already have a wheel tax or emissions standards in that county you are on the short list for the cancerous expansion. This formula has remained the same for quite some time now. If you live in a place like this and don’t like high population density or traffic just pick up your crap and move. I moved my family out of Fayette county 5 years ago and am already planning on how many years away I am from moving out of the rural county I moved to do to the fact every day along my commute I see more logging trucks and houses being built!

If a interstate dissects your county and you are only a county or two removed from any Metro area and you already have a wheel tax or emissions standards in that county you are on the short list for the cancerous expansion. This formula has remained the same for quite some time now. If you live in a place like this and don’t like high population density or traffic just pick up your crap and move. I moved my family out of Fayette county 5 years ago and am already planning on how many years away I am from moving out of the rural county I moved to do to the fact every day along my commute I see more logging trucks and houses being built!
If you live near I-85 from LaGrange to Raleigh-Durham, development will continue for years to come. Same on I-75 from Calhoun to Macon and I-20 from Villa Rica to Madison. Savannah will continue to grow as well with the port expansion. If you don’t want development near you, I suggest getting well away from major interstates.

Back
Top Bottom