• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

just witnessed a robbery at family dollar

I went into a Family Dollar in Harlem that's located within 1 minute of the town's police station and the workers were filing a report for theft. Maybe that's a big target destination for thieves for some reason or other. Seems like a high risk, low reward situation for the criminals. But I guess sense goes out the window when you're a junkie.

I went to a Dollar General in Lagrange a little while back...

They had multiple pictures of individuals that stole from the store over the past few weeks. Posted right there at the cash register... sheesh

The laundry detergent and medicine all had locks or alarms on them too hahaha
:boink:they heard you was dropping by :heh:

There was a thread a few weeks back about a family dollar that was being robbed at gun point and someone was in there with ccw. Shot em in the head dead.

Two important things I took away from your post. 1. Footwear is VERY important out in public. My older daughter used to go everywhere in flip flops. One day I asked her what she would do if she had to run. She had no answer. Now she mostly wears cowboy boots. Not that much better but at least not flimsy ass flip flops.
2. You mentioned not knowing if the perp might turn around with a blade. Had that happen to me back around 90. I was working security at what WAS Westgate Mall in south Macon. Some dumbass ran out of Burlington with some cheap **** shoes. Didn't take long to catch up to him since I was already at the door he was running to. Just out in the parking lot I got arms length and he pulled a carpet knife. All I had was the old 3" black baton with the steel ball in one end of it. I gave it to him between the head and shoulder. Honestly I was aiming for his head. But he went down and I went to stomping his ass. The mall manager had me removed because I was "Too violent and aggressive. " But yeah you never know what you're about to tackle when you chase criminals. It makes no sense at all to turn a petty shoplifting into an agg assault or attempted murder. But I've seen it happen over and over for no logical reason.

Back
Top Bottom