• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

kicked out of hunt club for posting a pic

If your dues are up in May then more than likely he leases this land from a Timber Co or Land Management company. I have leased many properties and managed many clubs to know how they operate.

1. Per the leasing agency he is responsible for all activity on that property and must have you on the lease to charge for it. If you did not sign the leasing agencies land lease contract then he is in violation from the start. All members or persons entering the lease shall be named on the lease document as well as personal information (address, phone number) and the all members must sign the signature page.

2. Per the lease agreement he shall carry an insurance policy that covers all members of the hunting lease.Most land management companies never ask you to provide proof of insurance so club managers overlook this requirement.

What I am getting at is, if you wanted to be a real dick you could find out who he leases the property from and notify them of his activity that breaks the lease agreement as well as his unlawful hunting practices. He might not loose the lease but I assure you it would cause problems that he does not want during his hunting season. Then again it is very possible they could pull the lease from him due to the lease agreement infractions.

Either way I could not just lay down and allow my self to get railroaded like that.To many times in this world in this day and age people act without thinking of the repercussions of the actions and if no one is there to teach them a lesson then there is no lesson learned and the behavior is allowed to continue.

Good luck and I hope you get your money refunded.

We have had the same lease for 30+ years under 5 different timber companies, and never had all the members sign the lease. Only in the last couple of years have we had to provide a list of members but no signatures. All of the timber companies provided insurance (for themselves) as part of the lease payments.

Nothing the OP has described would be a violation of the lease.

We have had the same lease for 30+ years under 5 different timber companies, and never had all the members sign the lease. Only in the last couple of years have we had to provide a list of members but no signatures. All of the timber companies provided insurance (for themselves) as part of the lease payments.

Nothing the OP has described would be a violation of the lease.

Why does the negativity pop up so often on this site??

I have leased with Premier Hunting Leases owned by Hubris Timber as well as Base Camp and Plum and all of them have had the same requirements. Why would the Timber company hold the liability for you and your group? That makes zero sense? Their policy I am sure covers damage to thier property and or accidental harm you cause to other people. Try breaking your leg and see how far thier insurance policy takes you. Now if it is figured into the lease, in which most cases your lease is just covering the property taxes and a little extra for thier time and effort to process paper work, then I understand. But you are paying for it one way or another. The hunting property doesn't like you that much and you are not doing them any favors that anyone else wouldn't do for them to take on that kind of liability. Just saying!!

Why does the negativity pop up so often on this site??

I have leased with Premier Hunting Leases owned by Hubris Timber as well as Base Camp and Plum and all of them have had the same requirements. Why would the Timber company hold the liability for you and your group? That makes zero sense? Their policy I am sure covers damage to thier property and or accidental harm you cause to other people. Try breaking your leg and see how far thier insurance policy takes you. Now if it is figured into the lease, in which most cases your lease is just covering the property taxes and a little extra for thier time and effort to process paper work, then I understand. But you are paying for it one way or another. The hunting property doesn't like you that much and you are not doing them any favors that anyone else wouldn't do for them to take on that kind of liability. Just saying!!

I am sorry you didn't take the time to actually read my post. If you did you will notice that I very specifically said that the company insured it's own interest and passed the cost on the lessees (us). I am certainly not negative about that because it is both cheaper and more convenient for us. I have no expectation that if I break my leg, the timber company will be liable. I also have no expectation that any insurance WE purchase will be responsible for my broken leg. As a matter of coincidence, I broke my leg severely on our hunting lease, and yours truly paid every dollar of the medical bills, thank you very much.

I never said or intimated that we were not paying for the insurance, or that we did not expect to do so.

I leased from Plum Creek from the day they entered Georgia, and the Timber Company before that and Georgia Pacific before that, and I can guarantee you 100% that mine was the only signature on the lease and the check. In fact my standing offer for anyone who didn't like my benevolent dictatorship was to join me in signing the lease and assuming the liability, and 30+ years later, I'm waiting for the first person to take me up on it.

If anything hit the fan regarding the lease, I was the one the lessor (big word for "Timber Company") looked to make it good, not the dozen "members" of the club.

Anyway, enough complicating the argument with too many facts. I doubt that OP signed the lease, and doubt that he has any privity with the lessor, and doubt that the lessor cares on whit whether he is a happy camper or not.

This is the picture that I posted. All I said on the post was that it was in Telfair county. I didn't say it was between Milan and Chauncey. I didn't say it was on el bethel Rd I could have went on a day it's between the pheasant farm and dirt road 85. Didn't go into any of that. All I said was Telfair. And he said all of y'all gonna come shoot his deer at night.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom